Allergic reaction to acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
So it started off really itchy, then lots of blisters and now it looks gross! And so itchy, it feels like it has its own pulse its throbbing that much. Did I mention its on my face? Urgh! Feeling defeated. Anything I can do?

I get really itchy and it turns red and flaky and the skin blisters and my nails separate from the nail bed if I get the liquid on my hands or under my nails. I use aqueous cream I feel like it helps the itching and an antihistamine but maybe you should see your gp? X

Hi Jordon :) its on my lip so I think gp it is! Hopefully I won't have to stop doing acrylics all together :/ x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would go to the GP. I had a bad reaction to some dodgy chinese stuff. I have some really strong anti histimines which helped mine but you can only get them on prescription x Hydroxyzine they're called

Ive now tried CND and IBD but I will go to the doctors for sure :) I have super sensitive skin in general and I am allergic to most things so I should have known, thank you for your response x

Hope you get it sorted! Let us know when you go and what the doctor says [emoji4] x

So I've been to see the doctor the reaction had spread to my left ear too! Very bizarre and ive been advised to stop using the acrylic as once you have a reaction it will continue to worsen! As its your bodies way of saying I don't like this. Gutted!

So I've been to see the doctor the reaction had spread to my left ear too! Very bizarre and ive been advised to stop using the acrylic as once you have a reaction it will continue to worsen! As its your bodies way of saying I don't like this. Gutted!

Oh dear [emoji20]

You'll have to get used to wearing gloves whilst doing acrylics xx

Sounds like a plan! And lots of barrier cream lmao

Did the doctor give you anything for the reaction! X

You'll have to get used to wearing gloves whilst doing acrylics xx

It depends on the allergy. I'm highly allergic to the acrylates in gels and acrylics and it affects my breathing so I can't go anywhere near the products. Wearing gloves, creams, masks etc. doesn't help me at all. I sold off all my kit in the end as it was too dangerous to carry on working with them.

I can't go into a salon that does nail enhancements at the dust from filing is in the air.

I was offered antibiotics but I dont do pills they usually make me feel much worse so I will just let it heal naturally. Its starting to look better :) thank you for your response AcidPerm I have a set of infills to do Saturday so I will see how I go and decide from there x

It depends on the allergy. I'm highly allergic to the acrylates in gels and acrylics and it affects my breathing so I can't go anywhere near the products. Wearing gloves, creams, masks etc. doesn't help me at all. I sold off all my kit in the end as it was too dangerous to carry on working with them.

I can't go into a salon that does nail enhancements at the dust from filing is in the air.
Oh god you're really allergic to them [emoji21] x

Latest posts

Back