Allergic reaction to LVL patch test, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winnie2013

Reaction score
Hi a client sent me this picture today. The area is sore and swollen, she is concerned it looks like a blister. It was on for less then 24 hours and didn't irritate while it was on. I have advised washing with cool water, a cold compress tonight and seeing a pharmacist tomorrow. I've never seen a reaction so strong, have I recommended the right things? I'm really worried. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416434576.781603.jpg

So lucky you did a patch test! What area is this? I would possibly suggest a antihistamine too. Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Top of her arm. The other paster didn't react so I know it's one of the serums, I've just never had a blister type reaction before.

If I txt her recommending a anti-histamine is that ok? I wasn't sure if we were allowed to prescribe anything? Xxx

I don't know why I'm worrying so much! I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack!

Stop worrying . You did absolutely the right thing by carrying out a patch test

Let this act as a warning to those therapists who do not do this .

Just be thankful that you did and you saved this person from a worse reaction should she have gone ahead with the treatment without this measure being taken

You should breath a sigh of relief that you acted responsibly

x

I have had reactions like this in the past. It will be fine.. She should just keep the area clean and it will heal nicely on it's own. Manuka honey is great for helping things heal naturally if you do want to suggest something.

Hi a client sent me this picture today. The area is sore and swollen, she is concerned it looks like a blister. It was on for less then 24 hours and didn't irritate while it was on. I have advised washing with cool water, a cold compress tonight and seeing a pharmacist tomorrow. I've never seen a reaction so strong, have I recommended the right things? I'm really worried. View attachment 79094

You have done the right thing by suggesting cool water and a visit to the pharmacy, this also highlights the importance of a patch test and this is why we do it.
Try to not worry, the reaction is localised to that area and providing it's kept clean and not scratched (if it's itching) it will heal up in no time.

Thank you everyone! It looked very sore when I saw it, unfortunately it looked like shed burst the blisters and picked it a little. She was fine about it but did say it was very sore.

Latest posts

Back