Allergic to Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have client who wants a manicure but say they are allegic to nail varnish. She tell me that No. 7 is fine for her.

Can anyone recommend a brand that I can use.

She is happy to use her own colours but then that still leaves me with the question which top and base coat?

She also has what look like greenies on her nails although has never had enhancements or overlays?

Can anyone help.

X

Hi Sabrina,
I had the same problem with a client being allergic to polish,everything would make her fingers itch. She insisted on using one she'd bought in Harrods. Is it 'Elisse' I'm not sure because it was a few years ago and she supplied it herself. But she swore by this brand and true enough it was the only one that never caused her any problems. Sorry to be vague, hope this helps.
Wendy x

Sabrina,
just reading thru other posts and noticed a polish calledl 'ESSIE' I think thats it !!

Cheers Wendy.

Apparently No. 7 and Marks & Spencer are also Hypoallergenic.

X

As far as I know polish allergie is most often caused by formaldehyde.
I know that OPI has formaldehyde free products, can´t remember any other brands at the moment.
Could she not tell you which ingredient she´s allergic to? That would make your serch a lot easier :|

Hallo i jus inm polish no allergie formaldehyde free.Verry good polish colors greetings daniella from holland

It is most likely the formaldehyde in the polish. Most people who have problems are sensitive to the formaldehyde.

Creative polishes are also free of formaldehyde (or formalin - same thing) and most people who have probs are just fine with it.

Many professional lines these days are formaldehyde free.

Latest posts

Back