Allergy testing clients for acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi ,
I have just had someone text me asking if i do allergy test before applying acrylics ? Not something Ive heard of ..should I be ? I use CND which I believe is hypo allergenic anyway ..?

I've never heard of this either. Any known allergies should be identified in the consultation.

Hypo allergenic means lower allergy risk, it does not mean no allergy risk. Only a dermatologist can test for potential allergic reactions, by performing a patch test.

Hmm I've never known this either! Which makes me wonder if the client in question has had some sort of reaction before! I know some clients of mine over the years have been sensitive to nail glue, in which case I sculpt. I would question them further, alarm bells would be ringing for me! If this client really wants to go ahead, & you are happy to do the service, I would apply 1 nail & leave it for 24/48 hours, I can't see what else you could do! HTH x

Hmm I've never known this either! Which makes me wonder if the client in question has had some sort of reaction before! I know some clients of mine over the years have been sensitive to nail glue, in which case I sculpt. I would question them further, alarm bells would be ringing for me! If this client really wants to go ahead, & you are happy to do the service, I would apply 1 nail & leave it for 24/48 hours, I can't see what else you could do! HTH x

Thanks ,she said it was for herself ,shed never had them done before ,but her sister had some years ago and she was the one that had the allergic reaction.I did suggest she could come to me and we could try one nail and see how she goes ...but heard nothing back ...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back