Alternate way to correct smile lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow

Reaction score
paint on your french polish as normal. Turn your client's hand over so that their palm is facing up. Bend their fingers back so that the free edge is pointing towards the client and not you. Hold your correction brush the way you would hold a pencil and correct the line that way. Basically the opposite of what you would normally do. It works much better for me and you can see what it looks like far better this way up. Just something different to try:D

You know what???' This is a great alternative way and in fact, the reason it works better, is because you have complete control of the brush from start to finish with no awkward motion of your hand; a nice 'clean sweep' so to speak.

When correcting the smileline the traditional way, you loose some control in the last corner you do because of the weird position of your hand. I'm sure tonnes of nail techs will find this method so much easier to control their brushes. Thanks for sharing it. :hug:

PS It is also allot easier to paint 'moons' this way if you are doing that kind of manicure.

What a good idea , it's always good to see the nails that wAy round to as it's how the client see's them,
THANK YOU for sharing :)
thumbs are still a pain though LOL

thanks for sharing hun! i am defo going to give it a try - anything to make freehand french easier! lol

Jodie x

Latest posts

Back