Alton Towers letdown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Went to Alton towers Easter sunday and :( soo dissapointed with nemesis sub terror. Good supporting staff and plot line but the ride was a bit of a letdown.
On a plus, i went on the bathtubs for the first time since I was a child, had a poncho and still was the wettest getting off, bloomin brill!!! Xoxo

i've never been to alton towers before :( the only theme parks i've been to is Oakwood and Flambards... if you can call them theme parks?? lol x

I went last Friday and nemesis sub-terra was closed!!!

Is there a new nemesis now then? The sub terror name?

I love Air and Ripsaw haha x

It's an added ride next to nemesis hun. The normal nemesis is still there.
It shut down twice while I was there too. The rapids broke down, Rita and a carriage got stuck on the incline of 13.
Was shocked the longest que was for sonic spinball xoxo

It's an added ride next to nemesis hun. The normal nemesis is still there.
It shut down twice while I was there too. The rapids broke down, Rita and a carriage got stuck on the incline of 13.
Was shocked the longest que was for sonic spinball xoxo

Ooh thanks for filling me in haha, I got stuck on 13 for an hour n half last time I went at the very end of the ride aswell lol, your experience there sounds such a let down :( spinball gets its queues of either being the first or last ride people go on in the park but it is soo fun, we just went on as a single rider to skip the queue :) xxx

Went to Alton Towers for the first time in Sep. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back. Favs were Air, Thirteen and Oblivion

I'm such an adrenaline junkie!!! But I have heard bad things about subterra! But one bad ride isn't to bad :) x

Hasn't the Ugg section of the part changed? The prehistoric bit with the caveman theme and the song going 'Ugg, Ugg, Ugg, Ugg'!

That makes me sad...lol.

Love love love alton towers! Getting the express passes is a must (£30 a pop but sooooo worth it n means u can get on.the big rides a few.times) Think we're going down after we get back from holiday/wedding in.july :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hasn't the Ugg section of the part changed? The prehistoric bit with the caveman theme and the song going 'Ugg, Ugg, Ugg, Ugg'!

That makes me sad...lol.

I loved this too was my favourite lol!

That makes me sad...lol.

As far as i can remember it has...think they took away the corkscrew and replaced it with rita xx

Im a premium annual pass holder for all merlin attractions as im a rollercoaster freak.

I go alton towers at least twice a month. I love the place its magical and a great day out.

Went to Alton towers Easter sunday and :( soo dissapointed with nemesis sub terror. Good supporting staff and plot line but the ride was a bit of a letdown.
On a plus, i went on the bathtubs for the first time since I was a child, had a poncho and still was the wettest getting off, bloomin brill!!! Xoxo

Thats traditionally travellers day, did you have much trouble? Always have trouble every year only time you actually see security around the park.

As far as i can remember it has...think they took away the corkscrew and replaced it with rita xx

They took away corkscrew after rita opened. Think where corkscrew was is all closed- hoping they are planning something new

Tomme - i was there on Sat 7th, it was OK but for being not so busy the queues were long :-(

Sub terra was diabolical in my view. The staff are fab and idea good. When we went "down" in the elevator i really hoped for an underground rollercoaster. But to be dropped 5foot then sprayed with water mist then yelled at to leave, i was really sad!!!! Lol!

Rita is my fave. 13 is great first time, times after that its ok but not as amazing. They should have made the drop bigger. Nemesis is fab, but they need a couple more like nemesis.

Like you said re sonic queues i have to admit aside from rita i probably enjoyed that most!!!!!

We go to alton every year normally around easter and last sat was prob the most disappointing time.

We go on the "single riders" queue normally so not to queue as long but means you dont get many photos are you are normally sat beside a random !

I do love alton but it needs a couple of new exciting "rollercoasters" to justify its entrance fee, in my view...

Thats traditionally travellers day, did you have much trouble? Always have trouble every year only time you actually see security around the park.

Funny you say this as we wondered this when there last sat but were joking when we said it!

Last easter we went and seen 2 fights and a group of travellers be thrown out as they tried to get on 13 intoxicated. It was amusing to watch but the 35minute wait toget on the ride while at front of queue all because one girl refused to get out the cart (she had got in then staff realised they were all drunk!) meant they had to wait for police to arrive to actually manhandle then restrain her off the ride and take her away....

Funny you say this as we wondered this when there last sat but were joking when we said it!

Last easter we went and seen 2 fights and a group of travellers be thrown out as they tried to get on 13 intoxicated. It was amusing to watch but the 35minute wait toget on the ride while at front of queue all because one girl refused to get out the cart (she had got in then staff realised they were all drunk!) meant they had to wait for police to arrive to actually manhandle then restrain her off the ride and take her away....

yes travellers go alton every easter weekend and also the first weekend of scare fest.

Alton dont advertise the fact that its is travellers day and usually people go and find themselves having to put up with queue jumping, fighting, abbusive and threatening behaviour, vandlism of vehicles etc.

Sad fact but if they want to take over the theme park then they should behave appropriatly, after all it is a family theme park!

yes travellers go alton every easter weekend and also the first weekend of scare fest.

Alton dont advertise the fact that its is travellers day and usually people go and find themselves having to put up with queue jumping, fighting, abbusive and threatening behaviour, vandlism of vehicles etc.

Sad fact but if they want to take over the theme park then they should behave appropriatly, after all it is a family theme park!
Oh see I watch 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' and I really like them and feel sorry for them not getting hotels when they find out they are travellers but then I read stories like this and I they don't do themselves any favours.
It's a shame as there must be so many lovely ones who hate the naughty ones.
Well I hope so anyway.....

Latest posts

Back