Always the same nails coming off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffybaby

Reaction score
Wonder if use guys can help! I have lots of clients who get acrylics, but I have one client who the nails always come off the same fingers! Most of my clients don't usually have an issue with nails coming off! But I don't want her to feel that am no good enough and go somewere different! Am so confused why they come off 😔

You need to find out what she is doing with just those fingers & not the rest.

Scooping face cream out if a pot?

Using them as tools to open things?

Xx

Using them as tools to open things is my guess. I have a mother/daughter team who are very rough on their hands and even though I can put on a smashing set of nails, the mother lost all but 2 of them and the daughter is constantly popping them off. Oh and forget polish. I can put their nails in the UV and have the polish perfect but inside of 10 minutes, she's somehow managed to mess up GEL polish!

You are not alone. I've given up on them ever coming out nicely.

Am no sure the only thing I think it could be she goes to the gym nearly every day! But I don't want her going to the foreign nail bar cause I know they will stay on? Just can't seem to get my head round it? Any ideas or tricks to do to keep them on?

If it is just one nail--the same nail--she is either:

doing something with that nail
there is an infection
the nail is in bad shape that you cannot see

my guess is she is actually doing something to that nail--perhaps using it to open soda cans (pop tops) or something similar. As for keeping her, if you are close to her, you can "grill" her and ask what she is doing.

If you are not close, then my philosophy is always I'd rather lose them to something they did over something I did.

The best thing with clients like this is to start charging for every single repair you do, even at the rebalance. Once they realise it's costing them money they suddenly start looking after them better and hey presto no more breaks!

Latest posts

Back