Am I right or wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslamps

Reaction score
So I had a client in a few weeks ago for a package who wanted a full body massage and paraffin wax pedicure however I didn't have time as it was Mother's Day so done a back neck and shoulder and pedicure without the wax. It worked out at £54 for a full facial, a back neck and shoulder massage, gel pedicure and gel hands and also champagne and chocolates.
Anyway she messaged me saying she wasn't happy as I missed them out so I offered her to come back to the studio for a free treatment which she declined so I offered her a part refund which she said yes to so I refunded her the average which was £12.50 and she has sent me a message saying she isn't happy with this!
I informed her that for what she got if she were to add this up on it's own it's a lot more so have refunded her £20 now but I'm so deflated and feel like screaming!
Any advice?

I'm sorry but I would be annoyed if I booked in for a package and then didn't receive what I booked in for.

I'm sorry but I would be annoyed if I booked in for a package and then didn't receive what I booked in for.

Oh yes I agree but that isn't what I'm asking, I agree she could be annoyed and that's understandable but it is how I dealt with it I'm asking if that's right it wrong x

On the day, I would have either not booked her in if I didnt have time or offered her a reduced treatment that way the choice was hers. That way she wouldn't really have grounds to complain as she made that choice...Although I agree I'd be annoyed not to get what I paid for, you'd have been best just not to do her at all.

As for how you handled it afterwards, I'd have done the same and offered her a free treatment. The amount that you have offered to refund, does this equal the cost of the treatments that she didnt get? It does seem fair considering that she still had a treatment with extras. In the interest of great customer service and leaving her with a good impression, you could fully refund but I do think that what you have offered is fair IF she knew she couldnt have the full treatment before she arrived. If not, then no its not fair as you'd have known it was mothers day for ages so why book her in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't refund any more, this lady is obviously pushing it.
The price should be agreed before the treatment to avoid this situation, now just refuse any more refunds and let her leave, you don't need a client like this.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh yes I agree but that isn't what I'm asking, I agree she could be annoyed and that's understandable but it is how I dealt with it I'm asking if that's right it wrong x

Oh sorry yes I think you handled it correctly and don't think you should refund any more. I think she is just trying to push it now.

So I had a client in a few weeks ago for a package who wanted a full body massage and paraffin wax pedicure however I didn't have time as it was Mother's Day so done a back neck and shoulder and pedicure without the wax. It worked out at £54 for a full facial, a back neck and shoulder massage, gel pedicure and gel hands and also champagne and chocolates.
Anyway she messaged me saying she wasn't happy as I missed them out so I offered her to come back to the studio for a free treatment which she declined so I offered her a part refund which she said yes to so I refunded her the average which was £12.50 and she has sent me a message saying she isn't happy with this!
I informed her that for what she got if she were to add this up on it's own it's a lot more so have refunded her £20 now but I'm so deflated and feel like screaming!
Any advice?

So should her package have been full facial, full massage, gel pedicure with wax and gel hands and also champagne and chocolates? if so and she only got back, neck and shoulder and no wax then was she aware before her treatment began? sorry im pregnant and I not quite understanding haha.

I think if she knew before you started and agreed at the time, you probably should have offered her something then. Rightly or wrongly sometimes people get home and think hang on im not too pleased about that. However taking a few weeks to come back and complain does seem a little too long and if I was the client id of let it go because id have left it too late to complain imho.

I honestly don't think there is much more you can offer her. And I'm not sure what more she expects you to give. For the sake of customer service, whether you wish to retain the client or not, I would call or message her and say:

Dear Mrs X

I am so sorry you are not happy with the service provided by myself. I understand your grievance and at present I have offered the following part refund of £ xx based upon the following calculations xx or a free treatment of xx. From your messages I understand you are unhappy with both these offers and would kindly like to ask you what you would deem appropriate so that I can understand your position better.

Kindest Regards xx

You don't have to do what she suggests at all but at least you know what she's after (having upped your refund amount it has kind of given her the opportunity to try and push you for more iykwim) or you might well find yourself in a position where she realises that she's asking too much or you may not hear from her again at all.

Just my thoughts lovey xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back