Am I the only one disappointed in Gel II?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty&polished

Reaction score
Like the title says I applied mine on tues afternoon and it's already chipping!! Argh!! Shellac does not last on me either so was hoping like the reviews say that this would be better! Any advice please ladies. X

I've not tried mine yet but got some for exactly the same reasons as you. I'll be doing mine tomorrow so will let you know how it goes in a few days time!

Karaxxx

Thank you. Yes I'm very dissapou yes with mine!! X

I'm hoping to trial Gel II soon but am somewhat concerned about reports of it being a pig of a job to remove.

Anyone care to comment?

I literally slapped gel 2 on my nails last week. I cannot keep shellac on longer than a few days. I'm currently on day 9 and my nails look great. I never wear anything on my nails so I'm dead chuffed that it has worked so well.

Re removal. I think there are tips and tricks that help - the same with application. Some colours need a lighter colour under. Glitter should go over a solid colour - from what I've read!

Like all systems, there will be teething problems and there are plenty of people willing to advise. Tips like not using scrub fresh then putting gel 2 on etc - use dsperse!

I'm loving it. Loving the fact that my nails look and feel great and that the colour selection is brilliant.

I have joined the cbg Facebook page and the support and interaction on there is fab.

It sounds like they have a lot of things in the pipeline for 2015 so I'm looking forward to it!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks. What's the cbg page on fb? X

Sorry. Creative beauty group. It's a closed group. Excellent info x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why should you not scrub fresh before gel 2?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Why should you not scrub fresh before gel 2?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

You can but your final step of prep needs to be Dsperse /IPA and make sure the nail is dry before applying Gel II™

We're told that Scrubfresh as the final step causes shrinkage..

HTHs

It's adviced not to use a acetone based prep with gel II™ which scrub fresh is, you need to use a IPA based prep solution with gel II™ Is you can't buy it as it's out of stock unfort at the moment then use IPA or gellux prep works well I've found. You also just wait till dry. (If you do use scrub fresh you'll need to then wipe again after with IPA and wait till dry then apply colour)

Also don't do thin to win this isn't shellac and if you use it like shellac it won't necessarily last as well, do slinky thicker first colour and second then topcoat as normal, wait and then wipe, some say they loose shine, if you do don't worry it comes back.

I have no problems with removal, I remove topcoat, wrap and then pop in microwave heated mitts which client love, then use orange stick to remove and then wipe firmly with acetone soaked plastic backed pad and viola off. No problems.

I think a lot of us are doing gel II™ As if shellac it's not, as said I'd advice joining the creative beauty group facebook page as very helpful and you'll find tips and tricks.

I'm wearing gel II™ as. I've removed my stiletto nails and I've no issues and love it.

Also there will be education classes from the end of January which will also give all,the info needed too :)

Thank you ladies.
Maz 101 so if I go on with it a little thicker then that would be better? Maybe I'm a subconsciously doing it thin to win!! Won't it lift quicker of thicker though? X

I was really disappointed with gel ll aswell, I ordered it to see if it's longer wearing that shellac but I applied mine on Monday and two days later one had chipped and now only 5 days later 4 has chipped! They have chipped only on one hand (right hand) so I'm not sure if this is where I am right handed so use this hand more or where I have not applied it properly with my left hand.

I applied it quite thinly so am thinking this could be the reason, so I will try again doing thicker coats to see if it's any better .

can this be used with other products?

I know some techs wont mix brands but I have 100+ colours in about 7 different brands which i mix without a problem.

I trying to find a top coat I like not necessarily a whole new set of colours. ;)

I am a CND Shellac girl but have bought some Gel II I really like it but was going to get a LED lamp can't afford the Gel II one as I had to replace my CND lamp on Monday! Can any LED lamp work with it? Is there a specific power it needs to be?

I am a CND Shellac girl but have bought some Gel II I really like it but was going to get a LED lamp can't afford the Gel II one as I had to replace my CND lamp on Monday! Can any LED lamp work with it? Is there a specific power it needs to be?

you can use your CND uv lamp with it hun :)

Thank you for the recommendation to the facebook page. It's a wealth of information.

I've bought a selection of the Gel II reactions, some acetone, Dadi oil (as some have recommended a mix of acetone and oil aids removal), extreme shine top coat and a few other bits. Am quite excited to try them out.

I'll be curing it using my CND lamp to start with but am aiming to do some training before I unleash it on clients.

:)

Awww that's fab, I'm looking forward to seeing your nails :)

Hi Maz

Sorry to be asking you so many questions but I'm also in love with the enchanted collection from Gel II.

Are there any you'd avoid getting in this collection?

Any tips you have would be great

Thanks

I've not had a problem with any of the ones I have purchased and not heard of any problems.

Fabulous. I've bought some French pink to go under then as advised on the Web site.

Time to wham the credit card again I guess.

:)

Latest posts

Back