Am I too old ?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubblyD

Reaction score
Firstly can I say well done to you all, this site is fantastic and has given me hours of reading over the past couple of weeks. . . .now for my question ??

For the last couple of years I have been debating whether to do a nail course. . .but always worried about the "money side" now due to loosing my job I feel it has provided me with an excellent opportunity to go for it ! ! So I have booked my training in with CND for 22nd September, but I will be turning 40 in 6 months. . . do you think that I am too old to start my journey down this road ? ? ?

Your opinions will be much appreciated. . . .:green:

Debbie

Firstly can I say well done to you all, this site is fantastic and has given me hours of reading over the past couple of weeks. . . .now for my question ??

For the last couple of years I have been debating whether to do a nail course. . .but always worried about the "money side" now due to loosing my job I feel it has provided me with an excellent opportunity to go for it ! ! So I have booked my training in with CND for 22nd September, but I will be turning 40 in 6 months. . . do you think that I am too old to start my journey down this road ? ? ?

Debbie

Absolutely not!! Perfect age. You have the crdibility and the expeience you need to deal with people which is great and a huge part of being a successful tech.

NO WAY are you too old.
Follow your dreams and with the dedication that you sound like you have im sure you'll do extremely well.
Age is just a number, it will in no way impair your ability to do this job.
There are many older people in this business and with the right training and experience over time everyone can be as good as each other.

Good luck with your new career.

Michelle
xx

Of course you are not too old! Go for it. Best of luck to you too!:hug:

:)I am older than you and I went for it and never looked back

Hell No!!! You gotta go for it... this isn't a rehearsal this is your life...do what you wanna do & don't hold back...enjoy your new journey & Good Luck x

Debbie
My life began at 40!!! I left the office I worked at for 23 years due to illness at 39. A friend recommended I did level 2 Beauty to help me get out a bit and recover from my illness so I started it at 40 feeling old and useless.

It changed my life!!

I am now 42 and totally different person. I have crammed all the college courses in Beauty, Holistics and nails into 2 years studying at two colleges.In June this year I finished and was awarded Student of the Year prizes at both colleges. I am now about to start a mobile business.

This has been such a wonderful boost for me.I cant tell you how much more confident I am. I now enjoy life an look forward to evry day. This may sound corny but its true. I love my new career and should have done it years ago!! Go for it girl, you really are never too old!!

What... old? Fourties are the second twenties! Only with much more wisdom! :green:

Till my tender age of 30 :green: I was a teacher. 30 to 31 - journalist. 31 to 32 - radio show play writer. Now, hitting 33, and have home based salon. All three made me decent living. Hey, by the time of 35, I could be sweeping chimneys if I set my mind to it! (hopefully not :green:)

Go for it, girl :hug:

I asked the same thing when I joned hun and I was 51, and I took the advice and stayed passed a couple of courses and im earning money doing something I love, so a big NO...go for it hun ..x

Your never too old for anything if you put your heart into it.

Age is only a number, means nothing at all to me. Thats why im 26 and my OH is 50:lol:

omg no way .... go for it life is for living so live it how ou want and if this is it then do t. Hats off to you as most people just take a seat on lifes train and you are getting of at the next station ( words of wisdom lol :))
xx

Age is a number and we are a long time dead as they say, so get and enjoy your life. Life begins at 40 so enjoy it. Nails will give you such a buzz, it wont feel like work:) x

Dooo it dooo it dooo it! You are never too old to follow your passion. Cheers to you, girl!

Latest posts

Back