American dream hair wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Thinking of getting some of these and was just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they're like? (the clip in ones)

cherubs said:
Thinking of getting some of these and was just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they're like? (the clip in ones)

babes i can make you some clip in ones if you wish

i was looking at getting hair wefts too, human hair. Ive seen the laross ones and they are nice, at excell one of my colleuges bought a full head kit of human hair for only £25, and they were lovely, and certainly felt real enough. I kick myself for not getting any now!!

I have 2 full heads one in light blonde and one in my natural dark brown they are both clip in and I can mix and match with these and they look fab!
IMO Get some!

tentips said:
I have 2 full heads one in light blonde and one in my natural dark brown they are both clip in and I can mix and match with these and they look fab!
IMO Get some!

Where did you get yours, and how much did they cost you, if you dont mind me asking!??

I actually bought them from shhhhh { ebay! } but they are real hair and I bought thm a year ago and they are still as good as they were in the beginning. I paid £45 a set so £90 for the two. I wear them a lot and straighten them, wash them and generally don't really take that much care of them cos they were quite cheap but like I say they have worn really well. The are 22 inch too very long.
HTH

The one's i'm interested in are from sally's, they're 12" in width and 18" in length and you get about 8 clips all for £15. I only want them for adding volume around crown and sides not length as my hair is long enough but not sure how many to get or where they should be positioned on my head? would these do the job? as i've read that they shouldn't be put above ear level???

cherubs said:
The one's i'm interested in are from sally's, they're 12" in width and 18" in length and you get about 8 clips all for £15. I only want them for adding volume around crown and sides not length as my hair is long enough but not sure how many to get or where they should be positioned on my head? would these do the job? as i've read that they shouldn't be put above ear level???
I've seen the ones in Sallys they look fab, this bloke on the telly was showing how you put them in and he started about and inch and a half down from a center parting, with a new parting, back combed slightly, clipped the hair in and then combed the inch and a half back into place over the weft, it looked great. At £15 a weft I think its worth having a play:lol:

OMG i love this site see not only nails .....but hair too!!!!!!! :eek:
ive been after some human hair wefts for a while now,my bezzie mate got some the other day 22in long and paid about £35 for the hair i think it is a 2ft weft and about a fiver for the clips (6)
from our local market,but i will definatly try sally's im sure we have one nearby,thankyou!!!!
btw are these fairly easy to clip in yourslef? does anybody have any photos i could see please?
ta girls!!!

FLYGAL1983 said:
babes i can make you some clip in ones if you wish
Aww thankyou :hug: but i've bought the ones from sally's (couldn't wait)lol i'm soooooo impatient!! thanks anyway though

Well i've bought the one's from sally's, they seem really good but i'm not quite sure where I should be positioning them for the added root volume? so far they havn't made much of a difference to the volume of my hair. My hair's quite fine could this be the prob?
Thanks

oooooooo you girls talking about hair yay!! hair extensions are my fave thing..lol but if you have any questions in the future about hair and things id be more than happy to help or fit you some :green: :green: p.s i have used american dream hair its not bad quality :)

probably a little late to tell you this but i really wouldnt bother with the american dream ones from sallys .
they are awful.
okay for the first time you wear them, after that forget it, they frizz, tangle matt and look dreadful, because, youve guressed it they are not actually 100% remy human hair.
trust me i am a qualified hairdresser who has worn raccoon hair extensions for years.
dont waste your money on cheap hair, get on the web and order some, even if it costs tyou a hundred pounds or more, trust me it is worth it, because you will only have to keep buying smore of the cheaper stuff, in which case you may aswell pay for good quality hair!!
love and hugsxxxxxxxxxx

When you get the clip in ones PLEASE get 2 mirrors and look at the back of your head!!!!
Loads of girls seem to be getting clip in which are no way thick enough and just look like a little rat tail down their back and you can still see where their natural hair stops. :eek:
They always look ok from the front because it's just a couple of bits over your shoulders.....

A couple of mates of mine got the ebay ones and they can be quite good. :green:
xxx

Excuse me for being dense, but where does the real hair come from?

Now obviously it's from someones head - but why the hell would they part with their hair?

I have two full head sets - one I paid £45 from e-bay and the other a set of three wefts from sallys and both are brill. When I put them in I section my hair into partings back comb it slightly and clip in then drop a layer of my hair do the same again. While clipping them in I sit with a mirror in front and a mirror behind to check you can't see them once my hair is styled. I love them and my husband says they make my hair look thick (i lost a lot of my hair recently after having my baby). I got them for christmas nights out and they are in really good condition still but I don't wear them for bed. My friend loved mine so much that she bought some and wears hers curly.

I would recommend that you get three as I find two does look a bit thin and rat-tail like. HTH

Wyliekit x

what is a weft?

I 'think' I know what you're on about, but can someone show me a pic?

And ummmm why buy these things that are 2ft long? Why not grow your hair that long if you like long hair?
I'm confused on these things. Never did understand all the fuss (if they are what I think they are)

help this poor loon understand what you're talking about

please?
:hug: :hug: :hug:

could you offer some advice on where to buy some good quality hair wefts? i sew the clips in myself, but considering glueing them in, but over the years every lot of hair i buy which is supposed to be 100% human remy goes dry,brittym matty etc after 1st wash!

Latest posts

Back