American style nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an American Nail Tech. Our American is clear peach polish and an off white tip. A more natural nail. The French is a either a clear pink polish or pink polish and a very bright white tip. I do them all the time. Hope it helps.

we also have a salon opened up near us called american nails think its also nss salon.

almostanangel said:
I am an American Nail Tech. Our American is clear peach polish and an off white tip. A more natural nail. The French is a either a clear pink polish or pink polish and a very bright white tip. I do them all the time. Hope it helps.

I think this one sums it up, you must know what your talking about if your american!

Thanks hun, curiosity satisfied.

We have an American Nails in our town and she is definitely a NSS. Its run by a chinese lady who is a butcher with the e file. Can't believe she is still trading after 5 years!!!!!

In answer to the original question I think there is a difference between an American Manicure which is an adaptation of the French, and a salon promoting American style nails, which sadly seems to be an NSS.

maybe i should just go in and check this place out?

I'd love to know if my suspicions are right!

OMG i think you are right, Sassy. Went into Dotty P's yesterday in Leamington Spa and was served by a woman with suspicious deep red grooves showing under her gels. Had to ask! and of course, she had been to a "chinese place where they didn't speak english and used electric drills". I asked her if it hurt and she said all 10 fingers were so bad she had to take nurofen!!!!. I told her about the dangers of electric drill files and MMA and told her that i didn't use these but unfortunately i don't work in Leamington Spa doing my nails but to try and find another salon (preferably one with Creative trained techs) (by which time a long queue was developing behind me) and she would see that it doesn't need to hurt to have her nails done. I told her a few of my clients have said "i can't believe you didn't hurt me" after being to these places and said, if it's painful that is your bodies way of telling you something is not right.

So, if there are any decent techs in Leamington pm me your number and i'll pass it on. or next time i'm in there i'm going to give her Creative's number and she can ring them and ask them to recommend a salon.

Dotty P's ? what's that then?

Christine

NSS is a "Non Standard Salon", ie those salons which use undesireable methods to apply enhancements.

Christine G said:

Christine

Dorothy Perkins!!!!

Sassy Hassy said:
Dorothy Perkins!!!!

OK perhaps I should stick my finger in my ear and shout DERRRRRRR!!!!!

We call my mother Dotty Dora, and I conjured up all the bizarre images , (won't say too much at this time of day), but use your imagination with the last letter.............

Thanks Sassy.

Christine G said:

Christine

Dorothy Perkins (oo, just read, Sassy's already told you)

Toni Talons said:
OMG i think you are right, Sassy. Went into Dotty P's yesterday in Leamington Spa and was served by a woman with suspicious deep red grooves showing under her gels. Had to ask! and of course, she had been to a "chinese place where they didn't speak english and used electric drills". I asked her if it hurt and she said all 10 fingers were so bad she had to take nurofen!!!!. I told her about the dangers of electric drill files and MMA and told her that i didn't use these but unfortunately i don't work in Leamington Spa doing my nails but to try and find another salon (preferably one with Creative trained techs) (by which time a long queue was developing behind me) and she would see that it doesn't need to hurt to have her nails done. I told her a few of my clients have said "i can't believe you didn't hurt me" after being to these places and said, if it's painful that is your bodies way of telling you something is not right.

So, if there are any decent techs in Leamington pm me your number and i'll pass it on. or next time i'm in there i'm going to give her Creative's number and she can ring them and ask them to recommend a salon.

Oh my god!
I had this done to me years ago when I had just left school & knew nothing at all about nails.
3 of my fingers ended up looking like they had been trapped in a car door!
They bled under the overlay and I ended up looking like I had polish on 3 nails!
They went crusty and scabby within 24 hours and I get to get my lovely boyf to remove them (he's a student doctor) but it was pure agony!
I was on serious painkillers and antibiotics for a week afterwards.
I reported her & she disappeared a few weeks later not sure if it was down to me but Im glad :D just keep your eyes peeled for her in a NSS near you!
That is the reason I got trained myself and I always warn clients of the dangers now.

MoMo said:
Amercian style nails are also called an american manicure. It's a natural look thats not as extreme as a french. They put a clear pink color on the nails bed then a very soft white on the tip. It looks very nice and natural and unlike a french it doesn't have a hard smile line, very soft almost blurred. It makes it look more like your natural nails.

I agree, before I qualified as a nail tech, I used to have an American manicure or American polish on my nails and it was exactly as MoMo says. I have to say it does look really nice. It's great for people who aren't into the 'extreme' white of a french polish. x

manicure was peach or cream or light brown?

Any more ideas?

Sassy Hassy said:
Dorothy Perkins!!!!
I imajined a quaint little tea shop!lol

Latest posts

Back