Ammonia free colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little-em

Reaction score
My mum loves Paul Mitchell hair colour as it's ammonia free, however the salons that offer it don't cut her hair as well as she would like. Are there any other colours that are ammonia free so she could go elsewhere?
Thank you

Do you know if its permanent colour that she has? I didn't think that their permanent colour range was ammonia free....But I may be wrong? If its not fully permanent colour that she has then Redken do an amazing range called Shades EQ..... A new part of their range gives better coverage of those white hairs too! I dont think much beats it!

Yes it is permanent she goes every 6 weeks as her hair grows quite quick so the roots need doing

I think maybe they have told her it is.... But its not, Im guessing a Demi/Quasi. Which i think is called Paul mitchell shines or something like that. Which is like the Redken Shades EQ, but the redken is 10x better with alot more shine and conditioning.

Shades EQ will only cover grey for a week or so before
it fades, and the grey shows through. I use it daily, and while its fab for toning and semi coverage, it is not for anyone with more than a few grey hairs.

Inoa by L'Oreal is ammonia free.

MATRIX have a full ammonia free range called DREAM age and they are fantastic, they are permenent colors and they are for people who have 50% or more grey hair, and they are all multi tonal colors and have pre softening technigues to get a full color, i love them in my salon and the customers are loving them too, so try Matrix salon

Shades EQ will only cover grey for a week or so before
it fades, and the grey shows through. I use it daily, and while its fab for toning and semi coverage, it is not for anyone with more than a few grey hairs.

Well I also use it......daily, and I find it lasts alot longer than a week. Especially the new SEQ Creams, which is why i said gives better coverage :)

I've used Inoa at my college. Not one single person in the class wanted to touch it again. It says it cuts down wastage because you have to measure it so precisely but on my really short hair we used the equivalent of a whole tube of Majirel...would have taken 1/4-1/2 at most...because you have to put so much on the head so that the product can be pushed into the hair.

The amount of product made my head feel really itchy even though it isn't supposed to, I think it's like when you get a little trickle of water on your skin and it irritates it.

It looks very messy when you're applying it as well which I don't think gives a very professional image.

The 4 of us who had the colour done felt that it faded extremely fast - within a week all of us wanted it brightened up again.

Well I also use it......daily, and I find it lasts alot longer than a week. Especially the new SEQ Creams, which is why i said gives better coverage :)

Personally I havent tried the cream, we do use alot of coverfusion which is 100% gray coverage, but def. contains ammonia. Actually never heard of EQ cream? Is it new?

Yeah its new, Its like a little like the Shimmer range that they used to do...As in the same kind of shades like NA and BR ect.. Its got no lift and used with 10 or 20vol.

Am loving the cream EQ's

What is the creme EQ line called? Seems that the western side of the planet is always last in line:cry:

I use color herb in my salon and it is ammonia free/ fragrance free/ paraben free. 100% grey cover on base 1-8.

I use color herb in my salon and it is ammonia free/ fragrance free/ paraben free. 100% grey cover on base 1-8.

I use colour herbe too \i think its fantastic and it gives great coverage but also the condition of the hair after using is amazing!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back