Anatomy & physiology test NVQ2 - what sections? Please HeLp! :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missunderstood

Reaction score
Hi there :)

I know most of you propably forgot bout all tests you've been doing on your beauty courses..
But if any of you, could call it back, It's mainly anatomy ad physiology test,
The thing is, I'd love to start to do my NVQ level3 in january, and I just found out I got to pass anatomy and physiology test first - I guess its level test NVQ2.
The problem is, I've completed my previous qualification in another country in other language than english, and I don't think that the sections of material I've been doing over there are same as in the Uk.
I have no idea where could I find any information about it, what parts of A & P I should revise necessairly.
On that ourse I've been doing I had to learn a lot detailed things even bout brain! whats inside, how it looks like, works etc..just a lot of rubish I didn't even need to do my job, and I'm hoping that in the UK it's not necessairly needed to know all this as your education system seems to be more sensible.

I just need to know what sections should I revise to pass this test.
I've tried to find some info in internet but theres nothing bout particulary beauty exams, or is it same as others?

Please, HELP ME!

Theres just few weeks left.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Best wishes

J.

Hi there, I am currently doing Level 2 NVQ Beauty Therapy and also Swedish Massage.

Although I cannot honestly tell you what sections you need to revise I would recommend "Anatomy and Physiology for Therapists" by Jeanine Connor, Kathy Morgan and Venetia Harwood-Pearce. It is very well written and very easy to understand and I think you could probably cover it in a couple of weeks. There are lots of easy to understand diagrams and it is written in plain english!

You can get it new or used off Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Petit Basque

Hiya,
where are you planning to study for your level 3? Would it not be possible to ring up the college and ask for a sort of revision pack? You know like a list of areas that will be covered in the a+p exam?

Hi there
I am currently studying NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy and have purchased Lorraine Nordman Fifth Addition guide to level 2, which has a great Anatomy & Physiology section (along with the other chapters which are also great)!
Good luck!

get your self a book go to your college libery so it wont cost u anything! i cant think of the name of them but the NVQ level 2 one is bright yellow and level 3 is bright pink! and it goes through all the units and a&p x

i would also reccommend the lorraine nordman book it really helped me through my course. Have you not had any lessons on a+p at your college? x

Latest posts

Back