And my head just exploded.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this , but forgive me im new :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to start mobile in the new year , I trained to lvl 2 earlier this year and I'm pretty confident with my basic treatments and i've received good feedback about them.

I just wanted to ask how do you keep up to date with all the new treatments that seem to come out all the time? my head just exploded reading some of the threads , I only trained this year and I already feel out of touch!

I really want to extend the current treatments I offer but Im confused as to what ones would be a good idea and ideally bring a profit?

If anyone could direct me to any of the threads on here or any other good source of info , would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance and happy new year to all

Anna :)

I would say keep an eye on geek... The things I've learnt and people I have met Is amazing.

I was trained in a very "you know everything you need to know" environment and geek sorted me out. I thought I knew it all but now I love reading about new things, whether it's relevant to me or not!

Good luck and welcome to geek x

Hi there,

Welcome to geek! I have been researching so much more now that i have found an infinite source of info! I would say my most popular treatments are

Minx Nails
Eyelash extensions
Spray tanning
Waxing

I want to learn soo much more lol if only i had an infinite income! But next things on my list are intimate waxing, shellac or gelish nails.

Good luck and keep reading as many threads you can! :hug:

I definately would be thinking about doing some lash and brow tinting, this is a very quick treatment to learn and is quite inexpensive to get the products in to use, whilst giving you repeat custom. I would also think about doing some massage, or maybe you should ask your clients a little survey to complete and get some feedback from them, they are your clients after all so will be inclined to let you know mor.e about their needs. Hope this helps

A simple questioner to your clients is the easiest way forward.
Have a think about what you would like that you don't currently do and put them in a list then ask your customers to name the 3 they would like you to offer that you currently don't.
Different area's have different wants but country wide I would say
Semi perminant lashes and spray tans would probebly come out as your top two.
Hope this helps:hug:

This site will definitely give you lots of valuable information, but also go to the trade shows as you'll get the chance to see products and treatments, plus speak to the suppliers. They're usually free to go if you register for tickets ahead of time. There's one at the Excel centre in February that's supposed to be really good.

Good luck x

Hi and welcome!

I would say SG is the best place for you to keep u-t-d with all new things, nails especially and there are lots of tutorials on here from nail pro's. I know so many therapists/tech's out there that don't use SG and have no idea about HD brows or rock star /twinkle toes or the difference between Minx and TNW! This is one industry where nothing ever stays the same!

There are magazines that you can subscribe to as well - Scratch is one that I subscribe to (I signed up at Professional Beauty Manchester and received a fab OPI goodie bag!) The Guild is also a good website to keep yourself up to date on!

Any questions, have a search and you'll probably find the answer, if not just post a question and someone will give you some help!

:)

Latest posts

Back