Animal testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Just seen this on Facebook!....what's your thought? Doesn't look good for loreal....will they ever learn to help themself!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357815428.905340.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357815428.905340.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,136
Just seen this on Facebook!....what's your thought? Doesn't look good for loreal....will they ever learn to help themself!

This is sad :(((((( x

Unfortunately because they want to be everywhere like china and Japan etc they have to test! Why not just stay british!! And not test! X

Thanks for highlighting this issue!

It's absolutely disgraceful, I don't get it why this is necessary in this day and age. :evil:

Do you think anything could be done to get L'Oreal to stop animal testing-maybe petitions, writing to peta to investigate, tormenting l'Oreal HQ with letters etc?

Has anyone tried anything like that before?

Unfortunately because they want to be everywhere like china and Japan etc they have to test! Why not just stay british!! And not test! X
Money money money. L'Oreal are not a nice company.

What about writing to the company PETA? They are the big animal group and have had laws changed etc, they are pretty hardcore they work internationally. I am going to write to them and look to change from loreal this year x

Thankfully I have never used loreal , it's a very sad picture to look at.x

What about writing to the company PETA? They are the big animal group and have had laws changed etc, they are pretty hardcore they work internationally. I am going to write to them and look to change from loreal this year x

My thoughts exactly! I'll do the same thing!!! Also join their facebook page, it's a good way to spread the word on there!

I sent an email previously with a very graphic and disturbing story to them and uniliver on what may be thought by the animals, then at last minute put that they realised they weren't rabbits at all, they were the reader and their children that were being tortured and feeling burning pains hotter than any fire imaginable running through their blood.
My reply? Generic!

If I wouldn't get done for threats I would send them a letter saying to keep one eye open as their house and work may just burn down. Xoxo

I try and avoid at all cost!

Thought you might find this article interesting...it's a little old but not "Out Of Date"

Often the big corporations are hard to avoid, with their large shares in the industry they are out and about making aquisitions of the smaller more ethical brands, right under our noses.

xx

PETA have been trying to convert L'Oreal for years. It's not gonna happen, they were one of the companies that were trying to fight the testing ban!

I try and avoid at all cost!
Me too. And it's so hard because they own sooo many brands. And keep buying more brands that used to have ethics. (Urban Decay/Essie/Body Shop ... etc :Scared:)

Can someone tell me a list of hair colour brands that don't animal test plz! I know there are lists but can't find one x

I think Affinage are non-animal tested, which is why I want to use them :)

Paul Mitchell is one as well.

I saw this the other day but tbh I know they've always tested in fact one of the worst, I don't use them for that reason. Mind you there's plenty of others on that list as well.

There are a number of organisations that may be helpful to raise your feelings to, including PETA,

Here's a another:

BUAV Home Page and

Fighting Animal Testing https://www.facebook.com/FightingAnimalTesting?ref=stream

I've also previously written to my local MP (tragic I know, but I really do feel very strongly about this subject)

Just to say, this is a very passionate subject area of mine, and I think it's important if you can to choose brands made by more ethically aware companies:

In day to day life: avoid the "big brands" of Unilever and Proctor and Gamble - choose if you can products made by the Co-op for example (slightly pricier - but not tested on animals) and pick cleaning products by a great British company called ASTONISH to keep your salons /houses clean if you can! (they make cheap but excellent cleaning products) Astonish

Preach over!

I wish more of the "big" brands hair colour houses were cruelty-free, as it's the dilemma to go for a brand which produces the colours/products that are "known" and work, to those which you can use with a clear conscience.

Just to say Some of the things these companies do to animals (to make sure product ????????? is safe) is unbelievable - truly shocking, and how their consciences' are clear I have no idea. :-( And it's not "just" mice and rabbits, try monkeys, dogs and cats amongst other things.

Last edited:
this is why I love Paul mitchell x

Joico are cruelty free too x

Latest posts

Back