Animal testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's absolutely vile! I'm disgusted. Poor little animals, it's so unfair! Test on the real scum of the earth, murderers, rapists etc.

Very good point! At least these individuals would contribute to society in some way!

Just as a quick addition to everything that has been said, Pureology are also owned by l'Oreal (they used to be independent), which really annoys me as their ingredients are stated as being 100% vegan.
In regards to Paul Mitchell, I'm pretty positive that the company used to be good when the founder was still alive, but I've heard some bad stuff about them too.

Paul Mitchell colours are beeswax bases also! I always said Aveda wasn't was hiding things :(

So out of curiosity guys , if we were selecting products that were completely against animal testing , which brands are left ? Not many by the look of it , I'm so saddened by this it's disgusting , definitely for the testing on murderers/rapists etc

MMmm so i am looking for a colouring house to use in a new venture , preferably one without testing on animals , that has no nasties in ( well as few as poss) and something that will appeal to the more ethical consumer. Are there ANY out there that fit the bill and still give good coverage ??

MMmm so i am looking for a colouring house to use in a new venture , preferably one without testing on animals , that has no nasties in ( well as few as poss) and something that will appeal to the more ethical consumer. Are there ANY out there that fit the bill and still give good coverage ??

Joico Hun, they are cruelty free, reconstruct your hair at the same time as colouring and give excellent colour results! They've won endless awards for their work ethics etc, I have a lady who is a vegan and checked out the range before coming to me and she was amazed at the results give them a look. I'm not sure about the other ranges.

Joico Hun, they are cruelty free, reconstruct your hair at the same time as colouring and give excellent colour results! They've won endless awards for their work ethics etc, I have a lady who is a vegan and checked out the range before coming to me and she was amazed at the results give them a look. I'm not sure about the other ranges.

Hun just put in google, is joico cruelty free?

Interesting article about china I didn't know!
But I was sure they were cruelty free! Maybe not

If they sell in China they're not cruelty free. Animal testing is a legal requirement there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

If they sell in China they're not cruelty free. Animal testing is a legal requirement there.

Hmm that's what I was worried About!

Hmmmm in that case I'm getting all my money back for false advertising lol

Found this, but wonder if as they use sheeps fur that I wonder if that's how they get around it, but also found this, http://www.joico.com/about/?section=about_ptp so they don't test on animals unless required by law to prove... That'll be china then maybe? So I'm thinking maybe all companies do then to a point?

I have worked with Joico in the past and liked the product , however i would need to clarify this situation before advertising as an ethical choice.

Would like to add you cant always believe everything you read on the internet !

Any other recommendations ?

I have worked with Joico in the past and liked the product , however i would need to clarify this situation before advertising as an ethical choice.

My last post was from joico themselves lol

Hmm maybe call them and ask tomorrow

I will and ask if they have some kind of ethical statement in writing they can send me!!

At least l'oreal are open and honest about it :(

Fab to see so much support for animals you guys :) Yes test on people who commit crimes!!

If they sell in China they are required to animal test. But they dont HAVE to sell in China, they do it to make money. So they are choosing money over ethics, which is what estee lauder did. And loreal are not open about it, read their testing policy, it's pure B.S.

I've just had a quick look and can't find that they actually supply china, its like I could sell to china, if they ordered from me etc. I dunno, I guess all companies have to do a minimum amount but it does say in that link I added they don't unless required by law, other than that they test on people.

I love everything they stand for and they actually are amazing on your hair so I'm sticking with them :)

Hi no idea if DeLorenzo is a available in UK it's an Aussie brand but my understanding (and I've not researched) is that they are organic based and an independent company that do not test on animals.

Also Eco (another Aussie brand) great styling range again eco friendly and animal testing free-

Mixed thoughts in delorenzo great colour choice but you really have to work it to get grey coverage x

Hi no idea if DeLorenzo is a available in UK it's an Aussie brand but my understanding (and I've not researched) is that they are organic based and an independent company that do not test on animals.

Also Eco (another Aussie brand) great styling range again eco friendly and animal testing free-

Mixed thoughts in delorenzo great colour choice but you really have to work it to get grey coverage x

You mean EVO?

Latest posts

Back