another christmas question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
seeing as the time is getting closer to santa sneaking down all those chimney pots i was wondering who opens their pressies at midnight on christmas eve and who leaves them till christmas morning?

i usually like to leave mine till the morning but my fiance is a midnight wrapping paper ripper and sometimes seeing him open all his presents just makes me dive into mine....lol

stanleyann

We're Christmas morning people - when I was a kid my Mum would let me open one present at midnight on Christmas eve but it was always a kind of anti-climax so now I wait as long as I can :lol:

we open our christmas morning( but i sneakily open mine and reseal them) i know its naughty but it goes back to when i was a kid.
when my mum and dad went out and my 2 brothers where out i used to look after my youngest brother........... as soon as the front door would shut i would shout "lee go and get the selotape" i would open all my presents and reseal them and lee would get a sneaky peak at his too.............so its stuck ever scince.......eek not even rob knows i do that now i just cant help myself

joannerowsell said:
we open our christmas morning( but i sneakily open mine and reseal them) i know its naughty but it goes back to when i was a kid.
when my mum and dad went out and my 2 brothers where out i used to look after my youngest brother........... as soon as the front door would shut i would shout "lee go and get the selotape" i would open all my presents and reseal them and lee would get a sneaky peak at his too.............so its stuck ever scince.......eek not even rob knows i do that now i just cant help myself
PMSL!!! Joanne what are you like!!

We went through a stage of opening them on Christmas Eve when we lived in Germany. It was a lovely atmosphere with candles lit, tree lights on and snow on the ground outside .......... and no children waking up at 5am on Christmas morning to open their pressies.

Now it's Christmas morning after Breakfast and taking the dogs for their Christmas walk.

I still get up on christmas morning and go and divide up the presents into 2 piles. Now I'm an adult I'm not allowed to throw a fit when Steve doesnt get out of bed so I bring all the presents onto the bed!!

Definatly a Midnight Rapper Ripper! lol

When we were kids, mum made my sister and I pace ourselves - we'd have stockings before breakfast, then usually the presents from our godparents at breakfast, and the rest spread out across the day. It could get really frustrating when you knew you were waiting for a specific present you hoped you were getting, and it kept not being the one you were given to open!
These days we still do stockings before breakfast, but I tend to just go 'what the heck, can't we just open the rest now?'. Mum, bless her, is a bit sensitive about people having equal amounts of presents, and she hates it when one person has got through all theirs and doesn't have something to open when other people do :) I think once you've got to the stage where you know what you're getting (erm... cos I ordered them all myself from Amazon) and you've just asked for cash cos you can't think of anything else, the novelty wears off a wee bit, which is a shame. I still love to watch other people opening their presents though, and can't wait for my sister and her boyfriend to have kids because I love buying toys!! ;)

Well...when I was a child, we went to Midnight Mass, come back home, my Mum & Dad used to have a tot or two (that was the only time I was allowed to have a snowball ..advocat & lemonade)...then Mum would put the turkey in the oven on a slow cook....and we were allowed to open one present of our choice, but we'd still get up early to open the rest of the presents!

Now...pressie opening time is Christmas morning.

We as in me and my hubby open one at midnight and then the rest on xmas morning. The kids have to wait till xmas morn, well there asleep anyway so they don't know.

Being German we have the german tradition in our house...........
Christmas eve............ In the morning get the last of the baking done, biccies, Oh I love the smell of home baked biccies.............
Then Christmas lunch......followed by a nice long walk........Then some mulled wine when we get home.......some board games......then as soon as it gets dark........Candles are lit........ and pressies are handed out.........then music , nibbles and lots of drinks..............
Leaves Christmas day for us to pack up the car and toodle up to Dawnies for Christmas dinner and a geeky get together........... My perfect Christmas, food, family and friends...........Oh happy Holidays I say xxxx......

wohooooooooooooooooooo Dawnie I can't wait......xxxxxx

Bloody hell Ruthie sounds like a film setting babe lol p.s can I come ?

I open mine after everyone else on christmas morning, The kids get up at the crack of dawn though so don't have to wait to long.

diffinately christmas morning, when i was younger my mum used to sneak into my room when i was asleep with a pillowcase full of little pressys and put it on the end of my bed so that when i woke up in the night all excited id have a few pressys to open then go back to sleep but now i have to wait till the morning!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back