Another ombre question (sorry!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole10

Reaction score
hi everyone!

I have a client on saturday with a mid length bob, all chocolate brown (5 base) who is looking for an ombre look with the lightest section being a kindof caramel blonde (about 9 base).

I have done this technique on extensions but never on shorter hair!!

where should i start the lighter colour (obv will have to bleach 1st as no natural colour) and should i backcomb at the join and the pop foil in, or just paint it on without foil? and should i leave thin sections like i would with foil hilites?

when i have done extensions i coloured before applying to the hair, so im just not sure where to begin! i have searched other threads but not sure with the hair being short

thanks guys xxx

Like how Miley Cyrus has her hair at the moment? But ur clients base is slightly darker?

exactly! that is indeed the reference hair style!!! mileys is still pretty dark at the top though ey? but the lighter colour starts pretty high up? xx

can any one help me on this? should i put the hair in back to back foil? girls appointment is in half hour lol! xxx

Yes Hun I'd take sliced sections back to back and foil,
and yes also back comb,
u have pretty much answered ur own question!

Good luck :)

Yes Hun I'd take sliced sections back to back and foil,
and yes also back comb,
u have pretty much answered ur own question!

Good luck :)

thanks lovely! i done back2back (slice not woven) foils, with back combing at the join with 20vol and powder bleach initially as the hair was coloured, and then washed/dried and done over with 7.35 into 9.1 (ends needed toning a bit more) and went over the top join with a 5.00 just painted on baliage style to really blend it.

client is over the moon, and iv already had a call from one of her friends to colour her hair also, so happy days :D xxx

Aw that's great Hun :)
U did well sounds lovely u should of posted a pic :) x

Aw that's great Hun :)
U did well sounds lovely u should of posted a pic :) x

thanks! im terrible for not taking photos, i keep forgetting!!! il get a pic off her anyways lol! need to remember to take pics as havent updated the old portfolio in a while! xxx

Latest posts

Back