Another skincare range post

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tee Hee Hee

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After a bit of a gap, I am now about to rent a room in a hairdressing salon and am looking for a good quality range to complement the cosmesceutical range that I already have. I trained in Matis before and am looking for something along the same lines but with holistic ingredients that will retail really well. The opening order must be reasonable and the packaging eye catching. Any suggestions? I have noticed a lot of people like Eve Taylor :)...

Anyone used Swiss Dermyl or La Biosthetique? Are the products luxurious to feel and smell?

Thanks for your help Matthew. I assure you I wasn't trying to take the easy route though. This is very much a work in progress! :) I just very open to hear about other therapist's experiences. I have a very high performing pricey range at the moment and was looking for an alternative experience and price to offer my customers that's all. However, results are still important.

I have salons all around me offering Decleor, Dermalogica, Aveda, Environ, Mary Cohr, Thalgo etc. I do quite like the French method of doing facials and try adapt my advanced facials in such a way. However, I just wanted something more relaxing (possibly ritualistic) with memorable textures, something a little different but that would still sell well.

Would you not open an account with Matis ? LOVE the products, I've never understood why they are not more popular in the uk.

I think Lynne baker uses swiss dermyl, pm her I'm sure she would be happy to help x

Thanks Bombini. I like Matis but not too sure on some of the ingredients. I'm also looking for something a little more holistic hopefully without a massive opening order as it's just me.

My ideal would be a very sensual range that has terrific ingredients, paraben free if possible, not too many products in the range and a great price point.

I generally steer clear of heavy aromatherapy brands. Also looked at the Cetuem range at Professional Beauty. Does anyone use this?

If you are looking for holistic and low start up costs try ecologie?? I use these in my training school.

We spent months researching the right skincare range for our salon. We wanted something a bit special & different that looked gorgeous on the shelf, results driven (in a natural way), good value. I also liked the fact that it is manufactured in the UK.

We are so glad we found CETUEM. The whole team there have been brilliant and the support they have given us is far more than you would expect. They even sent 2 girls over to help us at our launch party who did demos and taught us such a lot. They even sent us a bouquet of flowers to wish us luck! Our clients love the products and we have lots of bookings as a result. I can highly recommend it as a result of our experience. Gisela at Beauteco

Thanks guys. What is it that makes Cetuem or Ecologie different? What results have you seen and how long have you had the range for? Also where would you pitch the range in terms of others that are already out there Decleor, Dermalogica Guinot etc.

Thanks Bombini. I like Matis but not too sure on some of the ingredients. I'm also looking for something a little more holistic hopefully without a massive opening order as it's just me.

My ideal would be a very sensual range that has terrific ingredients, paraben free if possible, not too many products in the range and a great price point.

I generally steer clear of heavy aromatherapy brands. Also looked at the Cetuem range at Professional Beauty. Does anyone use this?

You could try Monu. I used Dermalogica before but switched to this range as it was more affordable for my clients and plant based. I found Dermalogica a bit to clinical not to mention all the problems I had with them behind the scenes.

Anyway if you request some samples they are usually very generous and have a detailed information pack. When I trained at college this was the range we used and I have to say I wasn't a fan of the products but its a very different range now and most of the old products have been updated or replaced so they get thumbs up from me, also the training is excellent probably one of the best I have attended.

Do you have a budget in mind ? That would help with reccommending some ranges.

I've recently tried the Swiss dermyl and love them

Oops pressed send by mistake lol, anyway Swiss dermyl products are fab xx

For really natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals, ive found Dr Hauschka (requested samples and they really are lovely products) and Neals Yard Remedies. I have looked at others, Eve Taylor and Monu both appeal to me but im just not sure on their ingredients. Hope this helps

ecologie don't have big start-up costs and are very aware of their ingredients being 'free-from' no excess packaging etc

I am in a similar situation to you at the moment. I currently use Eve Taylor products which I have seen great results with my problem is I am loosing facial clients now because my younger clients do not like the smell of them so I am looking for a skincare range to go alongside but obviously with a skincare range already in place I can't afford the likes of Dermalogica's start up costs. I am looking at Crystal Clear at the moment but will be interestered to see what other results come up here xx

We spent months researching the right skincare range for our salon. We wanted something a bit special & different that looked gorgeous on the shelf, results driven (in a natural way), good value. I also liked the fact that it is manufactured in the UK.

We are so glad we found CETUEM. The whole team there have been brilliant and the support they have given us is far more than you would expect. They even sent 2 girls over to help us at our launch party who did demos and taught us such a lot. They even sent us a bouquet of flowers to wish us luck! Our clients love the products and we have lots of bookings as a result. I can highly recommend it as a result of our experience. Gisela at Beauteco

What was the start up cost, if you dont mind me asking?

For really natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals, ive found Dr Hauschka (requested samples and they really are lovely products) and Neals Yard Remedies. I have looked at others, Eve Taylor and Monu both appeal to me but im just not sure on their ingredients. Hope this helps

Hi Alybob89, in what way do you mean your not sure on their ingredients??

Eve Taylor products are very natural, no mineral oil, lanolin etc and are also paraben free.

I think Monu are pretty natural too although I do know some of their products contain mineral oil and parafins. Is their any particular ingredients you want to know about?

-S x

Hi Alybob89, in what way do you mean your not sure on their ingredients??

Eve Taylor products are very natural, no mineral oil, lanolin etc and are also paraben free.

I think Monu are pretty natural too although I do know some of their products contain mineral oil and parafins. Is their any particular ingredients you want to know about?

-S x

Do you know which monu products contain mineral oil and paraffin ? Just interested as I asked the same question in training recently and I was assured there wasn't any so I would be interested to know if that wasn't strictly true !

Do you know which monu products contain mineral oil and paraffin ? Just interested as I asked the same question in training recently and I was assured there wasn't any so I would be interested to know if that wasn't strictly true !

Hi bombini,

Really? It seems they are giving out false information! It is in several of their products, Skin Perfector and Day Cream SPF15 to name a couple. With skincare it would usually be listed as Isoparaffin on the packaging - this was one of the reasons I didn't go with them. Strange they denied it though!? S x

Hi there, I have just taken on 'Spa Find'. Absolutely lovely products, mineral based, paraben free, lovely smell (but not too strong) great packaging, fantastic service (Alison and Adrienne are lovely) Immediate difference in my skin and affordable as a set up and for retailing, have a little look and see what you think x

Latest posts

Back