Another skincare range post

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Does anyone have a website for the Ecologie products? All the sites I get seem to think I am searching in French!!!!

I too would like to use ethical, natural products.

I use products made by Naturally Thinking - their products are lovely, natural, ethical and LUSH!

Hi bombini,

Really? It seems they are giving out false information! It is in several of their products, Skin Perfector and Day Cream SPF15 to name a couple. With skincare it would usually be listed as Isoparaffin on the packaging - this was one of the reasons I didn't go with them. Strange they denied it though!? S x

Thanks for that.

Your right, the skin perfector cream contains C13-14 Isoparaffin. I don't have the day cream spf 15 but I will take your word for it :wink2:

I will call them tomorrow as I did specifically ask if the products contained any mineral oils and was assured they didn't. I will be honest its not something that would change my opinion of the range but I do realise that some clients would like to be aware of this information.

What I find strange is the products you mentioned have only been launched in the last year. I will report back !

You ought to have a look at Germaine de Capuccini - I've used them in my Spa for some time now and I've not had any better treatments or products from any other range. Their service is also great..

I'm thinking of sending off for some samples. How long have you had the brand and what do your clients love about it?

Thanks for that.

Your right, the skin perfector cream contains C13-14 Isoparaffin. I don't have the day cream spf 15 but I will take your word for it :wink2:

I will call them tomorrow as I did specifically ask if the products contained any mineral oils and was assured they didn't. I will be honest its not something that would change my opinion of the range but I do realise that some clients would like to be aware of this information.

What I find strange is the products you mentioned have only been launched in the last year. I will report back !

Hi Bombini

No problem. Yes the day cream does too, I think there may be others also thats jut what I can remember. I also think they may contain some artificial fragrances or parfum etc, don't hold me to that but just want to let you know since your interested.

I don't think there would be a whole lot of point in you calling them as I doubt they will reblend the products and if you don't mind then I don't see the point!?

Glad to help :)

S x

Thanks guys. I have a lot of them to go through. Leaning towards Swiss Dermyl at the mo. Anyone use Payot? What are there ingredients like?

Interestingly, one of my NVQ Level 2 students mentioned exactly the same thing about not liking certain aromas with 'certain' skincare products...As much as I admire Eve Taylor herself (legend!), it seems it doesn't suit all tastes, however guess we could say that about most ranges?? I'm happy with what I work with and obviously I encourage my students to research well before deciding who to take on.

I agree with Beautico!!/

Cetuem skin care is fantastic. I have had such good results. I'm really happy with the brand because I had skin problems myself and Cetuem has been the most effective brand in treating this. I really trust in their products and my clients are loving it too.

I've used cetuem in the past they have amazing results! But found it hard to retail, my clients didn't want to spend that much on a company they weren't aware of.

Where I live they like companies/products that are well advertised in the media, Also they didn't like the smell to use on a daily basis. Although they came back monthly for facials! I was disappointed that cetuem don't do samples or display stands, they had a really good training day, very informative hth. I got a great deal on professional and retail set up at Olympia 3 years ago xx

I've just brought in Gerard's, it was really resonable opening order and my rep has been amazing even though i am a small business.

I too am in the early stages of starting up a salon. Have just read the Matthew Taylor post which was so useful!!
Does anyone know what the start up cost is for Swiss Dermyl?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I don't want to get shot down here as I know a lot of geeks are dispassionate about the whole organic skincare side, but for those whose client are specifically looking for something else - I use Balm Balm facial products, which are 100% natural, plant based and 100% organic. They are very reasonably priced for start up and retail, and I have found Glenda lovely to deal with. It's a very personal business exchange and the facial smells heavenly! It is a completely oil based facial so might not be for everyone though? And it is also not as famous a facial line obviously like some of the others mentioned above if your clients want something they have heard of, but I have had no complaints so far, only good responses and feedback! Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back