Another TIGI copyright query for you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

Reaction score
Hello again all,

Today, i did lift 100/0 with 30vol as a root retouch, between a base 5 and 6. I added about 3-4 inches /8 to counteract warmth.

Anyway, so I developed for approx 45 mins, as I read that it can be extended by an extra 15 mins if hair was coarse / thick and needed extra to lift.

The result was more of between a warm 8 and 9. I really did think it would lift, and in fact, around the hairline it looked fine, however, everywhere else it just hadnt lifted enough and had obviously left bands, which I then had to lighten out.

She was fine with it as she's actually a friend of mine anyway, so no problems there. She told me she had put Dry Shampoo on it, but I wouldnt have thought that would create a barrier?

Also, personally I would have used 40vol if it was in packets, but as it was on-scalp, I have always been taught not to use 40 on scalp. However, I am wondering, is TIGI's 40vol activator able to be used on-scalp? As i'm aware it contains aloe vera(?) etc.

Still getting used to the range as you can see, however I have loved it up until now! Not sure what to do next time I do her roots as a quick appointment today turned into approx 4-5 hours!

Thanks geeks!

40vol can e used on scalp with highlift as they have ingredients an buffers in them to protect the hair. It's what highlift is made for. It may still tingle but is safe.

I would of used 40 vol with high lift. I'm new to Tigi too tho so I could be wrong. But I'm sure my educator said to use 40 vol to get maximum
Lift x

Yes you can use 40vol on scalp and add up to 12 inches of mix master if you add anymire you need to account for it in your mixing ratio x

Latest posts

Back