Answers please, ladies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
If I knew how to do a poll I would do one, but I don't so this will have to do.
Since starting with Shelac I have found that I no longer have any L&P clients, I have Shelac and Gelish clients.
Once in a blue moon I have a lady break a nail and I find that no matter how thin I make the L&P repair, I can still see it.
So I've started doing these repairs with Millenium nails fabric/silk, resin system.
I would much rather be using the CND Fabric + system but CND no longer sell this system.
So I'm hoping I can generate a bit of interest here and get people to say if they would buy it if CND brought it back or if S2 would bring something in, I'd trust them to find a quality product to the table:lol:
So how about it geeks, would you buy it to support your natural nail business?

I'm currently waiting for a training date with Backscratchers, as I'm keen to learn a fibreglass system.

If there was enough demand for CND to offer a wrap system again I would certainly be very interested x

I don't actually think Fabric was a CND product I think it was a Designer Nails product who were the distributors for CND.

I'd like a fibreglass/silk system :) x

Ah I see. Thanks Izzi x

I have to agree, Susie. Our salon is removing enhancements from the menu of services because our one tech who still does them has NEVER had an enhancement client since she was hired 6 months ago. However, we are slammed with Shellac and OPI Gelcolor clientele.

Women wore enhancements for the most part because their nails stayed a nice length and their polish stayed on. Shellac and gel polishes are accomplishing that now so a lot of women are foregoing enhancements and are going natural.

For those clients who come in with the occasional broken nail, we apply a silk wrap and buff it to a smooth finish. Because of how beautifully Shellac and OPI Gelcolor fill ridges, if the silk wrap is done well, the repair is invisible.

I always keep a pot of Brisa gel with me. If someone comes with a break, I can fix it with a coat of Brisa. Quick, I use the same lamp as Shellac to cure it and it lasts. HTH! :)

Susie id love cnd to do something like this! X

Thank you ladies, so what happened to Fabric +? Is it still around? Is CND planning something?
I know how to do a set of gel nails, but how do you do a repair with Brisa? Or any other gel?
Gr8nailzs, which silk system do you use?
I know some of our longstanding geeks started with silk or fibreglass nails, do any of you still keep stock? If so, who's?
Sorry for all the questions, actually, no I'm not, I'd like more replies so that one of our S2 geeks gets involved here:D
Don't want much do I :lol:

Susie, it's not actually a system. They're self adesive silk wraps we buy at Sally's. We cut them to the size needed, brush glue over the strip, spray it with a glue activator, then we buff it to a smooth finish. Easy-peasy.

The strips come in various sizes to make it easy to fit various nail sizes. My colleagues opt to cover the whole nail in silk rather than just the break to ensure an invisible repair.

Latest posts

Back