Anti-dandruff shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairbyJess

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Any recommendations on a good (and affordable) professional anti dandruff shampoo? Most of the ones on Salon Supplies seem to be £6-8 for 250ml, which is out of my price range. I'm currently considering Matrix Biolage RAW anti dandruff 1L which is £17. Matrix is my main brand anyway but having never used any anti dandruff shampoo for clients even, I'm a little unsure as the best one to get (it's for a family member).

Thanks in advance 😊
PS. Yes I'm a qualified hairdresser

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations on a good (and affordable) professional anti dandruff shampoo? Most of the ones on Salon Supplies seem to be £6-8 for 250ml, which is out of my price range. I'm currently considering Matrix Biolage RAW anti dandruff 1L which is £17. Matrix is my main brand anyway but having never used any anti dandruff shampoo for clients even, I'm a little unsure as the best one to get (it's for a family member).

Thanks in advance 😊
PS. Yes I'm a qualified hairdresser
Hi there, anti dandruff shampoo is a soeciised shampoo and that's why most companies charge a little more for it.
I would say £6-£8 for a professional shampoo is average.
Obviously as you know with regular shampoo and other products we use - you get what you pay for generally.

Have you ever used IQ they have a tee trea shampoo which targets scalp problems and if I remember rightly you can retail it for around £8.

Also is it to treat dandruff or a flaky itchy scalp?

Thanks Ronray for your reply,
Yes I'm painfully aware of the correlation between price and quality, if only my income was aware of that too 😠
I use the IQ deep cleanse shampoo on clients and really like it, and have used their tea tree one in the past, so that's a good one I didn't think of. Yes it's definitely a dandruff problem not flaky scalp, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't have it so that gene must have bypassed me 😀 Thanks I will look into that some more this afternoon 😊

Thanks Ronray for your reply,
Yes I'm painfully aware of the correlation between price and quality, if only my income was aware of that too 😠
I use the IQ deep cleanse shampoo on clients and really like it, and have used their tea tree one in the past, so that's a good one I didn't think of. Yes it's definitely a dandruff problem not flaky scalp, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't have it so that gene must have bypassed me 😀 Thanks I will look into that some more this afternoon 😊
No problem I understand where you're coming from 🙈 are you looking for this for a particular client or for general use as a hairstylist?
I'm just wondering if it would be better if it was a particular client - to get a prescription. T gel is very good even though people say it's not, but not many people realise you have to leave it in the hair for at least 30 seconds to work before rinsing.

Your other option which I believe would be a reasonable price since its basically semi professional now is the tigi bed head reboot 0 shampoo. It's good stuff - does the job.

Latest posts

Back