Anxiety/stress coping methods

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who suffers from anxiety but completely refuse to get help, I understand where your daughters coming from. My only reason for not getting help is quite simply how much talking to people, explaining my feelings and going to new places alone terrifies me.
My anxiety started after having post natal depression that was really poorly handled. I was straight away put on anti depressants and a lady from the mother and child mental health service would come round once a week to chat with me. I found that the anti depressants did nothing and the councillor would pretty much put words into my mouth as I was unable to say how I felt.
If your daughter is anything like me, then actually exposing your feelings is a complete impossibility and I literally can't think of the words to explain things.
Perhaps just ask if she feels as though she's actually able to talk to the councillor?
Also if she's going alone, offer to go with her?
Also, obviously, part of anxiety is becoming extremely stressed in the build up to certain situations. I know I used to get myself very worked up during the days leading up to my councillor coming and would often consider cancelling but was too polite as she was coming to my house so felt rude to cancel. If that's the case with her, perhaps you could talk to the doctor and see if they know of a way around it?
Sorry for the long post, but hope it helps x

Latest posts

Back