Any advice greatly appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
So I did a clients nails with just a gel polish, she already had gel on which I removed for free. It was froma previous salon who she'd had a terrible experience with so I took pity on her and didnt charge.... this gel polish took me two hours because she was ultra picky every brush stroke was wrong, file wrong, movement wrong! But I solidered on we do as beauty therapists, hairdressers and nail techs we are made of tough stuff! We have to be (sad but true) throughout this grulling two hours she told me every salon she had ever been to and why they were all awful which was difficult as I know lots of the people she spoke about but I did my best to remain neutral and not get involved. Finished the treatment and left in a rush for my next client. I made sure she was entirely happy, she even gave me a tip.

Anyway I get home and her name flashes up on my phone.. I knew she was calling to complain and I was furious but we discussed the problem the gel on one hand had run to the edge and arranged an appointment to fix it.

I rang one of the ladies she had complained to me about and when I mentioned her name she said what an absolute nightmare she is and that shes a scammer anything she can get for free she will. Went to the appointment she didnt show but she called later on and my partner answered apparently the problem with her nails is the filling is all wonky? Not what she had previously told me? My partner spoke to her and said I was upset as this is my first complaint her response 'do you think I would complain for no reason?' And the 'resolve' decided by my partner is to go and give her money back which of course shes very happy with!

But to me this isnt a resolve? I am all for complaining if you feel youve had a bad service but I truly believe this is different, I feel like shes totally scamming me.... I am a new business and of course I want all of my clients to be completely happy with their treatments but this feels totally different? The fact she complains about everyone and goes back to them repeatedly for free?

If youve read this all the way through you really are a trooper and thank you very much.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im not sure what the question is. I have found my hardest clients made me the best nail technician. however none of them every wanted money back or would come back after the service. They were just challenging during. I would say every time she calls for a new appointment say you are booked. Doing a service for free will cost you money. Not handling it properly will cost you a bad review.

Sorry I totally forgot the question part lol! I am looking for the best solution for both of us I need to be assertive but also let her know that if she is really unhappy I am sorry for that x

I would be more than happy to go back and sort whatever is wrong but really I think shes unhappy with the colour but she would rather tell me I did a bad job than be honest. I also think the fact she has been to so many places and its never been good enough that we will never get there and I will keep getting called to go back x

If I were you I would let her know politely that you will remove the product and return her money. If she is really unhappy with them she will agree if not than she was looking for a freebie.

I went back last night to resolve the issue she didnt want it taking off just her money back. The nails were still fine? No peeling lifting one nail was filed on the wonk :/ opps! But otherwise fine. Totally scammed but I wasn't rude I just said that she told me she was happy when I left so why would I have any reason to believe otherwise?

Any way what I have learnt from this experience is to always take my nail table (I am mobile) so I am sat straight on from my client rather than being sat diagonally at their kitchen table

Sorry to hear about your problem, I wouldn't advise to give her money back unless of course you felt yourself you had done a terrible job and they looked really bad as you still spent your time and products doing this client as well as removing her previous gel nails for free, maybe next time you could just apologise, correct the nails where possible free of charge and offer a discount on their next appointment.

Latest posts

Back