Any Central London geeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
I don't post on here too much, but I moved to London with my OH 3 months ago, neither of us know anyone here so it's all very new. Any Central London geeks out there? Would love to meet like minded beauty and nail geeks :)

I live in Shoreditch, East London x

I don't post on here too much, but I moved to London with my OH 3 months ago, neither of us know anyone here so it's all very new. Any Central London geeks out there? Would love to meet like minded beauty and nail geeks :)

I live in Shoreditch, East London x

I'm in Angel, Islington! Not too far from you!

I'm in Angel, Islington! Not too far from you!

Ahh that's not far at all! Have you lived there for a long time? Are you a mobile tech? I'm employed at the minute but changed my hours to part time to start doing nails again, I'm really missing it! X

I've been here for a few years, salon based at the moment, but planning to change that soon.

I see you do beauty and nails? Are you hoping to do more nails?

Hey Holly, I'm another Holly in East London based in Stratford! I'm a mobile therapist as well and also work from home Thursdays and Fridays ;) How are you enjoying London so far? Xx

In my employed job I do purely facials at the minute, based in a department store, the pay is really good but I don't like the uptightness (even a word? Haha) of it! Back at home I did spa work and offered Shellac in my spare time for a few regular clients, however sadly lost them moving down here! I live in a massive apartment complex full of city workers so feel like I have a whole client base waiting to be tapped into!

Nice to meet you Holly 😊 I love London so far, whether it will be a permanent move I'm not sure (we moved so my OH could concentrate on expanding his company, he and his business partner have an office in Shoreditch) but for now I'm really enjoying it :) how do you find being mobile? I left my car in Manchester as our apartment doesn't come with a parking space and being in zone 1 there is also the congestion charge! Do you drive or rely on public transport?

X

I am in London too- elephant and castle, se1 so central! I do nails and waxing and I'm home and mobile based! Us London geeks are a friendly bunch, I meet up with both mummy cat and holly Victoria! Both lovely girls and a right laugh! It's nice meeting other geeks as I think we city geeks face challenges like no where else!

Nice to meet you hazel eyes :) aw it's nice to know that there's a little group of us! I'd love to meet some of you geeks! I completely agree, London is like no other city I've ever been/lived in! How do you find being mobile? Have you always lived in London?

X

Ooh which department store are you in? I have worked in a few here in London :) I'm originally from Kent and Sussex, moving here 5 years ago when I got a promotion with my job at Lancôme. Moved here on my own to start a new life and I'm still here :) I only do spray tanning mobile at the moment and work from home just on Thursdays and Fridays doing nails and tanning as I have an 11 month old daughter. I just cover Stratford now as I didn't feel safe walking around East London late at night with all my equipment. I'm also studying my level 3 in beauty massage therapy as well so doing quite a few massage treatments from home too which are for my portfolio. I did have a car when I moved here but I sold it on eBay as I never really needed to use it. I've met some great people on here, Hazel Eyes is lovely and really funny and another girl called Spudclarke, we often meet up and it's always great fun :) Would love to meet you, if u are ever about on a Thurs/Fri let us know! Xx

I really dislike the mobile work! Lugging the stuff!! It's Terrible. And I have a car but I still hate it ha ha! I push a lot of my customers to seeing me at home because of this lol. I think some treatments really work well mobile and others just don't. Like acrylics and gels- I can't stand doing those mobile! But shellac is a good one to do mobile! Do you drive?

I was born in Hertfordshire, lived in Suffolk and then London. I've lived where I am now since I was 18, so 13 years!

Yep spudclarke is lovely too, and there's quite a few other London geeks I meet up with too who are lovely girls. When I first came on salon geek I thought I was the only Londoner but there's actually quite a lot of us!

Occasionally some of the geeks from outside London come to visit and we have met up with them too! London is a big place but the nail industry is very small and we all seem to know each other one way or another! It's like that degrees of seperation thing lol

That's so true, I think it's the Beauty Industry as a whole. Everybody knows everyone and you always ending bumping into old colleagues especially in retail where you work on counters and people tend to migrate from store to store. I've been to a few interviews recently in London where the manager has worked in the same store as me in Tunbridge Wells In kent! And another girl from the salon I was in was working at Neals Yard where I had an interview X

I do drive but my car is back at home waiting to be sold! There's just no room for it here and would just end up gathering dust!

I've found that about the beauty industry ever since I qualified! It's a really small world! Even now in London I come across therapists more than once through temp work etc

I had an interview today at a new nail bar that has recently opened in Vauxhall for a part time position, it would be on a self employed basis on a percentage split, so I'm undecided between that and starting mobile again ATM. I really feel your pain hazeleyes, lugging all that kit around is horrendous!

Are you both going to Olympia this year? I've never been, I'm ridiculously excited haha! :) x

Hello ladies and brand new London Holly! Welcome to our little clique. I'm in Kentish town and do mobile nails and spray tanning. I met Holly on here as we are both crazy public transport users. I met hazeleyes on a course when I offered (on here) to be her model. Mummycat I met on another course a few years back and my other lovely geeky London friend is called mobilesam who I met on my tanning course. You're in safe hands with this lot holler if you need anything x

Good luck with the job at the nail bar. I thought about doing something like that until this week when suddenly my nail bookings just picked up from nowhere. I've signed up for Olympia, I've never been either but I did oh to Pro Beauty and spent a small fortune haha! I can't do that at Olympia, I need to do a lot more spray tans first hehe! Xx

We should all do a meet up again soon! Xx

Ooh I'm a Londoner too.. Not quite central though but I'm in Twickenham, only 20 mins into Waterloo.

I've often wondered why there's not so many London geeks on here. There's a lot of competition in London, but then again, I suppose there's a great deal of NSS salons here too.

Ooh I'm a Londoner too.. Not quite central though but I'm in Twickenham, only 20 mins into Waterloo.

I've often wondered why there's not so many London geeks on here. There's a lot of competition in London, but then again, I suppose there's a great deal of NSS salons here too.

You're not too far from me, I'm in kew, just before Richmond!

Maybe it's because life in London is so fast paced and busy that we don't have as much spare time to be on SG? Don't know, that's my theory lol! You don't see many geeks from other big cities either I've noticed ? Meeting up in London always seems to be harder than anywhere else I've lived, everyone is so so busy x

Croydon Geek! Oh so glamorous!

Latest posts

Back