Any chiropodist out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freckles14

Reaction score
Hi anyone,

Just wondering if there are any chiropodist here? I would like to start studing it, but struggling for info about course, and whats needed to get into courses... and do i need to study full time, or can i do it part-time around my job??
Ive emailed someone today about info, so hopefully i'll hear back soon. Though just wondered if anyone here knew anything...

Thanks
Samantha .:D

Hi Samanth

You wont find a chiropody course in the uk - what you will find though is a 3 year degree programme to enable you to be come a Podiatrist, I think there are around 12 universties OR a Foot Health Proffesional Course of which I believe there are 3. I am a Foot Health Proffesional.(apologies for spelling)

I rang each one on more than one occasion, visited each one and did my research on each one before I parted with my cash.

You can I believe for the FHP course juggle it around your commitments - the uni option will be 3 years full time and 5-6 years part time depending on course structure. The practical varies but involves full time. So that may be something worth thinking about if you have childcare to sort out. I incorportated my practical with a family holiday - so kept everyone happy

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited:
Thank you so much for replying. Yeah, there are two Uni's near me that do the degree, which is 4 yrs in scotland. I don'h have children, so child care wouldn't be a problem.

I'll do some more research, and contact the uni's to get more info too.

Thanks again, and will keep you posted :D

If you wanted to become a podiatrist (the new protected name for chiropodists) you'd have to do the BSc Pod with a university. This would give you the right to the protected title and state registration. With this you can work for the NHS, private or both. It enables you to be health professional in your own right. You can do nail surgery, prescribe and manufacture orthotics etc., etc. IMO well worth the three years. You'd have to ask the universities about part time options. Have a look on the UCAS site it will give you entry requirements, adresses etc. HTH.

Latest posts

Back