Any geeks good at saving?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmm but then if u do earn that much and send everything off like recipe etc u wouldn't pay 40 right damn that's not good ;(

Where ru sending your recipes thiago lol? X

Where ru sending your recipes thiago lol? X

No where yet but I heard if u keep them like products u buy and send them to whoever u pay less taxi lol I hope it's true

No where yet but I heard if u keep them like products u buy and send them to whoever u pay less taxi lol I hope it's true

Lol been giggling at recipe for the last few posts bless you,
its receipt ;) x

Lol been giggling at recipe for the last few posts bless you,
its receipt ;) x

Haha haha I knew it wasn't making sense I asked my class mate and she spelt that hahaha hahahahaaaaa

I am!!

Ive always been a bit of a saver.

We're currently saving to buy our house, both being self employed makes it a bit difficult.
Deposit is going well.
3rd year of trading but only the 1st proper year that will be taken Into consideration for profit!
My OH spoke to a mortgage advisor that said we could be okay to get one on one good years worth of books, so once my tax return is back we can go see what we can borrow.

And literally EVERYTHING has gone through, but it's nice to see how much your capable of earning all on your own.
Not looking forward to my tax bill though ;)

x x x

Im in the exact same situation at the moment! I love seeing my savings rise and its really good knowing youve done that yourself!
Good luck when you go to the bank! I think we're gonna have to wait till next April xx

Haha haha I knew it wasn't making sense I asked my class mate and she spelt that hahaha hahahahaaaaa

A recipe is food ingredients lol x

Im in the exact same situation at the moment! I love seeing my savings rise and its really good knowing youve done that yourself!
Good luck when you go to the bank! I think we're gonna have to wait till next April xx

Thank you!
I'll let you know how we get on... If we have to wait another year, it's not a problem... Hopefully double the deposit we have already! X x

Thiago - you don't need to send your receipts anywhere, you just need to keep them as proof.

If you have an accountant / bookkeeper doing your accounts then you'd send your receipts to them.

But if you're doing your accounts yourself then you have to keep your receipts for a certain number of years. 5 years, I think off the top of my head. Could be wrong so please correct me if I am.

You pay tax on your net income.

So that's your income minus all costs, receipts, expenses etc. You pay tax on the leftover amount.

It may be worth you calling the HMRC to make sure you're deducting everything you're allowed to car insurance, mot, petrol etc... There might be things you're not deducting.

The more you deduct, the smaller your net earnings and therefore tax.

Hope that helps.

Thiago - you don't need to send your receipts anywhere, you just need to keep them as proof.

If you have an accountant / bookkeeper doing your accounts then you'd send your receipts to them.

But if you're doing your accounts yourself then you have to keep your receipts for a certain number of years. 5 years, I think off the top of my head. Could be wrong so please correct me if I am.

You pay tax on your net income.

So that's your income minus all costs, receipts, expenses etc. You pay tax on the leftover amount.

It may be worth you calling the HMRC to make sure you're deducting everything you're allowed to car insurance, mot, petrol etc... There might be things you're not deducting.

The more you deduct, the smaller your net earnings and therefore tax.

Hope that helps.

Wow that's amazing I never knew it worked like this thanks sooooo much that sound great amazing. I will do that thank you a lot xx

I'm saving to buy a house with my boyfriend who is currently finishing his phd and looking for a job. When he has a job, we can buy a house! So far we have saved really well, meeting our target so we have now upped it. We'd like to have a 30% deposit for our home. Moneysavingexpert is a great website for saving tips.

Kim.

I'm saving to buy a house with my boyfriend who is currently finishing his phd and looking for a job. When he has a job, we can buy a house! So far we have saved really well, meeting our target so we have now upped it. We'd like to have a 30% deposit for our home. Moneysavingexpert is a great website for saving tips.

Kim.

Good good. I don't know if I open my salon first or use the money to help to buy a flat still need think won't be opening now anyway got a year yet of college. Xx

Kim.

I know, I love Martins emails! I look forward to Wednesdays when I get the money saving emails through! Had my dose today! :D

I know, I love Martins emails! I look forward to Wednesdays when I get the money saving emails through! Had my dose today! :D

I got my email last night - I love when that happens!

Me too!

It makes you think twice about things! X x

Thank you!
I'll let you know how we get on... If we have to wait another year, it's not a problem... Hopefully double the deposit we have already! X x

Yes thats a good way of looking at it! X

Latest posts

Back