Any Geeks in Spain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverchick

Reaction score
I will be moving to Spain at the end of the year, and would like to start a small business eventually.
I was just browsing through the House of Famuir catalogue and they have got some very good deals on starter kits for salons, which got me thinking, are items such as manicure stations / pedicure stools etc expensive over in Spain, or would it be worth my while buying these before I leave to ship out there with the rest of my stuff?:confused:

Our most recent addition to the Geek contingency in Spain is Sassy Hassy, but ValencianNails and Geeg are also reside there ... perhaps they may be able to help you with your Q's.

Our most recent addition to the Geek contingency in Spain is Sassy Hassy, but ValencianNails and Geeg are also reside there ... perhaps they may be able to help you with your Q's.
Yes am in contact with Valencian nails already, thought i'd spread the net wider as it were as i feel I'm constantly asking Valencian nails questions poor woman!!:)

If you find something in the UK that you absolutely love then buy it there as the exact same thing may not be available here.

However it is possible to purchase nail desks etc here in Spain. Just remember the nail industry is not very advanced here and the choice is not as wide. As for cost, You will have to compare that yourself on one of your trips here.

I bought my own desks and paid about 200€ each for them ... they were not NAIL desks but they were what I wanted ... after all what makes a desk a NAIL desk? You can use any desk you like as long as the width is suitable.

If you find something in the UK that you absolutely love then buy it there as the exact same thing may not be available here.
Totally agree... I've been to most of the suppliers in Valencia city and not once have I seen a pro nail desk for sale.

Gigi's nail desks are lovely, they're a good height and have draws in the side, they have plenty of room to work on too :green:

Thanks for that, I am a Calgel gal, luckily I can get my stuff delivered to my other halves place of work, as he will be commuting, I was just thinking that the started kit advertised which includes manicure station, pedicure stand, stool and gas lift stool seemed very good value and it may be to my advantage to buy here and just take it with me when we go.:)

hi im in spain near benidorm, which area are you moving to ??????
sandra

There is a branch of Salon Services in Nerja and Marbella and they will deliver. Also if you see something in the Beauty Express catalogue for example they can get it in for you.

Hi,

I'm near Almeria, and i got my manicure tables shipped from england, as they were alot cheaper. You can get everything here, it's just that some things are cheaper and others are more expensive. It's a good idea to go to one of the beauty shows here to get some numbers of spanish distributors, they often work out cheaper.

I thought the nerja branch of salon services closed, Gaynor's gone back to the UK.

Let us know where you're moving too and when x

I spoke to Gaynor Friday and recieved an order today....def still there, talking about the kids being off school now etc...

Kooky, Im near Almeria too, where are you?

I've just come back from Barcelona and there is a shortage of Nail Bars and in the city and outskirts, i saw just one which make sense as a only saw enhancements on the tourists and not the locals.

I'd love to give some serious consideration to living in this beautifull part of Catalonia in the future.

So good luck to you I hope you really enjoy your new life and keep us all informed.

But Gaynor sold all her phd stuff to my distributor, because she was going back to england, i'm very confused, is she still selling phd??

I'm in Cuevas del Almanzora, which is close to Vera and Mojacar, where abouts are you pinkthistle?

Practically neighbours Kooky...in a Spanish sence ha ha, just inland from Almeria city, about 10 mins. in a small village. I have friends in Mojacar and sometimes go to the Albox market on Saturdays for a wander. Never asked Gaynor about PHD, its not something ive ever used, just ordered my usual and we chatted a few minutes about how busy she was, and she was in a muddle cause some of the things i had ordered hadnt came in on her shipment, so no idea. Maybe the PHD person moving back?

Having just moved out here I'll give my two penneth! Pretty much the same as Gigi says really, if you see something you like then buy it and bring it with you! choice is limited here and you would most likely have to get stuff shipped over anyway at a greater cost to you - and of course more chance of it getting damaged in transit.

We are looking for new nail desks in the salon I rent space in, and are struggling to find a real good value for money desk. We may have found a couple of dressing tables that will work though for a couple of hundred euros each. ... and don't forget that there are Ikea stores out here!

and don't forget that there are Ikea stores out here!
Ikea have now got planning permission for their new store in Valencia city, we were promised an Ikea store 3 years ago but it never happened, there's one in Murcia but it's too far for me to travel to.
It's definitely a store to go to for nail desks :green: quite a few geeks have got the 'peanut' desks, they're fab as a nail desk and cheap too!

Quite a few people do Ikea deliveries to this area for a fee, they advertise in the ex pat newspapers..maybe someone does the same in your area.

There is a branch of Salon Services in Nerja and Marbella and they will deliver. Also if you see something in the Beauty Express catalogue for example they can get it in for you.

Hi pink thistle
do you know their actual address in Nerja as I'm thinking of working over there too :hug: thank you

Hi,
Sorry not got the address handy but the phone number is: 0034 952 528 786

Also if you look up Salon Services web site im sure its listed on there. ( or maybe i imagined that ):confused:

As far as I know Gaynor stopped doing PHd ages ago. It is now distributed in Spain through the Ellisons agent in Almeria, Beauty Basics:

Beauty Basics

Didn't know Gaynor supplied anything else - is she Salon Services? Is there a website for that? There's a lack of info in Spain re suppliers!

Ikea have now got planning permission for their new store in Valencia city, we were promised an Ikea store 3 years ago but it never happened, there's one in Murcia but it's too far for me to travel to.

Yippee! At long last - Murcia is just too far to go to. I heard that the local furniture shops had got up a petition against IKEA opening in Valencia which is why it didn't go ahead 3 years ago. Love IKEA - and yes, you can get useful salon furniture there :)

Latest posts

Back