Any Gelish users add Shellac to services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
As the title says really any Gelish users added shellac? If so was it worth it and did it increase your business? My clients love Gelish but I'm trying to increase my business and get asked for shellac as that's what most know by name. Don't want to get a whole new system when I could invest further in Gelish.

I use both, mostly people choose by whatever colour they prefer. If they ask do I do shellac I reply yes, and gelish and explain the differences, they will happily go between the 2.

Im the same as pink thistle- i find my older clients tend to stick with shellac and then the younger ones love the colours of gelish!

I use both, mostly people choose by whatever colour they prefer. If they ask do I do shellac I reply yes, and gelish and explain the differences, they will happily go between the 2.

Hmm food for thought then.

Hi, I was exactly the same as you, I did Gelish but had a few people asking for Shellac because they knew the name. I now do both and a lot of my old Gelish clients were reluctant to change but I try to get different colours in each as not to duplicate, now they all just love the selection of colours so most are happy to go between the 2. People always know the name Shellac so can get you new customers then convert them 😉

Do you find gelish lasts longer than shellac xx

Do you find gelish lasts longer than shellac xx

Depends on the client..and to some extent I think the colour...for whatever reason gelish lasts longer on me personally

How much business do you feel you will get from it? If it's considerable then it's merely an investment that will be recouped quickly.

With Gelish being a gel, it's stronger than Shellac but there will be many clients who will get the same longevity as they do with Gelish. For those that will need a bit of extra strength you can add Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel whilst you IBX them!

Have a look at one of the kits that includes the lamp as you will need it if you invest in Shellac, but the good thing is that Nail Harmony say that Gelish can be cured in the CND lamp, so you only need that one on your desk.

Shellac and Gelish are both amazing products that do exactly what they say on the tin. If clients are asking and not getting and so walking away and not having Gelish instead it's worth investing for the extra business.

I use both but personally clients ask for shellac because it's so well known & don't know the differences between the products, they are just looking for a gel polish, I have the majority of gelish colours and just a select few shellac now as I find gelish lasts that little bit longer :)

I feel that Gelish does last a little longer but I also find that those who do have Shellac tend to book in as soon as it needs to be redone so potentially more money to be earnt. I also charge the same for both x

Hmm really don't know what to do. 😑

I'm ''changing'' from Gelish to Shellac too. I find the removal a lot more lengthy and more difficult with Gelish than shellac. However you can use shellac base and top with Gelish which makes the removal easier.

I've just sold my Gelish 18G lamp which I'm gutted about but the shellac won't cure in an LED lamp. So now I'm awaiting my CND lamp but will keep Gelish colours.

I hope it's the right decision! x

I use both I personally wear gelish better 3+weeks shellac will only last 2 weeks if I'm very lucky!

I have clients who love shellac, clients who love gelish and then quite a few who will go with whichever system has a certain colour they are looking for, everyone is different and clients soon know which they prefer or which lasts better on them. Best of both worlds having both as you can please everyone :)

I will still keep Gelish I just thinking that introducing shellac will increase my business for shellac fans. Hope this is the case

Latest posts

Back