Any help greatly appreciated.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKnOki

Reaction score
I'm trying to start a trial program here in Okinawa that I hope will evolve into a fully sponsored program.

We volunteer our time and skills to help show disadvantaged people skills to help them get employment. This program is in its infancy now with no support from the gov currently. We are suffering from a real lack of funds currently due to high expenses here. We have no shortage of really motivated students and are in dire need.

That being said I would like to ask my fellow geeks to help out if they can. If you have any training products that you dont currently use or would like to sell at discount please contact me. Let me note that this is not a attempt at establishing a school we are just trying to introduce them to the idea and help them to get started in their training with established schools.

In closing I would like to add that this is close to my heart and I truly wish my fellow geeks could see and know the impact that this has for many people. Thanking you in advance....BK

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya,

What a nice selfless thing you are doing.

Hope it works out and you help lots of Woman (and Men :))

At our last seminar we had 57 people show up and we could only host 35 of those. Most of our monies went to some information publications and to the hall rental. A nail school was kind enough to provide products for the demonstration but our biggest problem was we only had 3 training hands for everyone due to us not expecting so many people. If any fellow geeks would like to sell their hands or training aids please contact me. I will try to pay as much as I can for such. Again thank you so much for your kind consideration in this matter...

This may sound very silly but i buy a lot of nail art products off e-bay and most are from Hong Kong ..I'm sure u have looked but was just an idea as they are all very cheap... however i am relocating in Europe in the next couple of months so i will have things i do not need... pls send me your address i will try to sell these things first because i believe money would help you more and postage for items would be very expensive.... well done to you i think your work is extremely admirable...

My address is Bryan Martin 1-17-3 #401 Minatogawa, Urasoe Okinawa Japan, 901-2134....Please understand that this program is still in its infancy and we are trying very hard to achieve NPO status here. What this means is we hadnt expected to handle money donations at this time but rather items that fellow techs no longer used or needed. Im not sure if your donations could be considered tax deductible at this stage but any and all of your help is most appreciated. Items such as nail art items like rhinestones, imbed objects like dried flowers, crushed shell, etc. Our next seminar will mainly focus on what we call party nails here that they can make and hopefully sell to local salons. We feel that this is a great way to introduce them to the trade. Again thank you so much for your time and God Bless.

Latest posts

Back