Any ideas about containers for nail adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Please dont laugh at this but i've got a number of nail adhesives where the plastic of the bottle is so hard that i'm not strong enough to squeeze out the adhesive. Its not that they are gummed up coz they are brand new! I'm reluctant to just bin them but can anybody suggest a container i could transfer them to to use them. I thought about using an empty nail enamel bottle but not sure what the glue would do to the brush!

adhesive would make the brush hard as rock! I know exactly what you mean and once put the bottle in my mouth to clamp down where my fingers were too weak and managed to squirt adhesive in my mouth too - yuk (BTW that was ages ago :o ) try putting a large safety pin through the top so you make the hole larger for the adhesive to come out but be careful coz it can come quickley!! This may help otherwise call your chosen distrib and see if they have any ideas!! I'm not sure what products you use but if it is B/S I'm sure they will help!;)

Carole Lindsay said:
Please dont laugh at this but i've got a number of nail adhesives where the plastic of the bottle is so hard that i'm not strong enough to squeeze out the adhesive. Its not that they are gummed up coz they are brand new! I'm reluctant to just bin them but can anybody suggest a container i could transfer them to to use them. I thought about using an empty nail enamel bottle but not sure what the glue would do to the brush!
Hey Carol ... switch to Fabric# and you can pour it into the non clogging fabric# bottles that have the correct brushes already in 'em!!! You know you really want to ... go on. Take the plunge! :lol: :lol: :lol: I was right about the grip on the file .... I'm right about other stuff too!! Gotta try these thngs.

Usually it gets clogged because some dry adeshive is blocking the small hole. I just cut this small bit out (with a clipper) and it works just fine. Just make sure you only cut the tiny extra bit on top :)

Yollie

geeg said:
Hey Carol ... switch to Fabric# and you can pour it into the non clogging fabric# bottles that have the correct brushes already in 'em!!! You know you really want to ... go on. Take the plunge! :lol: :lol: :lol: I was right about the grip on the file .... I'm right about other stuff too!! Gotta try these thngs.
Hey Geeg, i gotta give you 10 out of 10 for your perseverance!! :lol: Now all i need to know is how on earth me converting to Fabric# is gonna help me get my tips not to crack or my brand new, unopened, unclogged but unpliable, nail adhesive to work, lol. Dont tell me that Fabric# doubles up as an adhesive for tips?? Is there no end to this product's versatility??? You do make me laugh!! :biggrin:

Sorry Carole,

Now I'm reading it again....and realised you have a different prob to the one I tried to help you on....

I must be getting sleepy....

Yollie

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey Geeg, i gotta give you 10 out of 10 for your perseverance!! :lol: Now all i need to know is how on earth me converting to Fabric# is gonna help me get my tips not to crack or my brand new, unopened, unclogged but unpliable, nail adhesive to work, lol. Dont tell me that Fabric# doubles up as an adhesive for tips?? Is there no end to this product's versatility??? You do make me laugh!! :biggrin:
LoL Carole, Versatility at its best
Yep Fabric# build and boost can and are both used to adhere tips..........they are all different viscosities of EC Resin...........
Boost can be used just like Gelbond can.......

I use Boost with my french tips, and the bit that squishes out( technical term for excess resin) gets worked into the little step and helps to start up the apex building................

And the Fabric# system even beat OPI wrap system at Excel 2004......and John Hauk was using it, ........Fabric# placed in the top 3 with a 1st and a 3rd............OPI wrap got 4th..................
JM2P'S

Nailsinlondon1 said:
LoL Carole, Versatility at its best
Yep Fabric# build and boost can and are both used to adhere tips..........they are all different viscosities of EC Resin...........
Boost can be used just like Gelbond can.......

I use Boost with my french tips, and the bit that squishes out( technical term for excess resin) gets worked into the little step and helps to start up the apex building................

And the Fabric# system even beat OPI wrap system at Excel 2004......and John Hauk was using it, ........Fabric# placed in the top 3 with a 1st and a 3rd............OPI wrap got 4th..................
JM2P'S
Cheers Ruth for the explanation (and the sales pitch!!! :biggrin: ). Now i understand what Geeg meant! She did make me laugh tho!! Until such time as my current activator and resin run out (which could be the year 2010 judging by the size of the bottle of activator!!) i wont be investing in Fabric# but hey girls, keep giving me the info on it!!! ;) On the bright side, i have managed to wedge off (another technical term for prizing off!) the thin part of the bottle so now have an adhesive with a lovely big opening that i can dip something into, such as a plastic extender tip. Now all i need is something to attach to the extender tip to give me a handle, hmmmmm.... i wasnt a girl guide and never got a Blue Peter badge so any suggestions (keep 'em clean!!) would be appreciated :)

Latest posts

Back