Any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies - the post was a reply to New2Shellac as I am in agreement that some people do have naturally oily nail "plates".

Yes I understand that. What I'm trying to say is just because it's mentioned in that article, it doesn't mean its true. I think that Doug Schoon has clarified this, I will look on his FB page. But I tend to agree with JuicyLucy. As the nail plate has no glands, it cannot secret oil. Plus, with everyone oiling their cuticles twice a day as advised of solar oil, many more people should be losing their enhancements.

Yes I understand that. What I'm trying to say is just because it's mentioned in that article, it doesn't mean its true. I think that Doug Schoon has clarified this, I will look on his FB page. But I tend to agree with JuicyLucy. As the nail plate has no glands, it cannot secret oil. Plus, with everyone oiling their cuticles twice a day as advised of solar oil, many more people should be losing their enhancements.

Thanks - haven't seen his article so will have a look - didn't mean to offend anyone by posting a non-professional article....

Thanks - haven't seen his article so will have a look - didn't mean to offend anyone by posting a non-professional article....

You've not offended me at all. I just erm... not a fan of that paper, shall we say. But I am a Doug Schoon fan. Look him up on FB, he always posts very interesting material.

You've not offended me at all. I just erm... not a fan of that paper, shall we say. But I am a Doug Schoon fan. Look him up on FB, he always posts very interesting material.

Cool thanks x

We need an expert to come on and confirm. A Daily Mail article is hardly proof - where would we all be if we believed everything we read in the Daily Mail :biggrin::biggrin:

If it 'slid off' it would still be the perfect shape you painted....I'm guessing you didn't paint gagged edges nor pop in a few tears ;) crafty client alert!!! X

Def a picker - it's what mine looked like when I picked mine off. Terrible habit but there's not much I can't get off my nails! I don't even realise I'm doing it half the time :/ x

One of my clients always picks & admits she cant help it but since I've put Vinylux on her instead she hasnt picked once and they are lasting over a week! She said she cant get under the vinylux to pick at it & its too hard to get at, maybe that would be better for you than shellac? :)

I've had a client that has eczema and I know the creams and lotions and potions she uses for that causes her nail varnish to 'slide' off but when I put Gelish on her they still last as long as any others. They def look picked, does she work with chemicals?

I don't understand why she'd do it just to get a freebee if she's picked them off, surely she's paid for it the first time and it has only lasted one night, surely getting them done asap would make them last just as long as the first set she got on :S

Sorry if that makes no sense but I don't understand what she has to gain by getting them done again free (unless she just loves the service you offer and likes to be pampered?) xx

Oily nails???? Is there such a thing as oily nails? I really don't think so. Nails do not have glands that can secrete oils. I have had so many clients say that previous nail techs have told them their nails were oily and therefore their enhancements hadn't lasted - No, its bad prep or picking. I've never had one client in 10 years with "oily nails".

This picture looks like a picker, she's even torn some while picking and there is some nail on there too! She has done it nice and slowly (very satisfying) that's why she's managed to get whole nail covers.

She is a chancer and is getting you to do it for free. After how many days does this apparently happen? No one needs clients like this.

Well, if not oily, than smth else definitely.. For my sister nails just doesn't last more than a week, after couple of days nails are lifting. And I always make sure I do prep for 100%, but still nothing

Latest posts

Back