Any L'Oreal Majirel red as bright as Crazy Colour fire red?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hi guys, my lady is base 5 naturally. I have fully bleached her hair then applied crazy colour fire red all over. She loved this and it looked great but fade off is horrendous! She now wants a permanent red that is possibly as bright as the crazy col. I currently use wella but I was wondering if maybe a loreal majirel would work? Would I need to lift roots or not to get full brightness in colour. (Majirel virgin!!!) :)

6.66 or 6.60 majirouge with red mixer is a perfect bright cherry red. Not as vibrant as fire in crazy colour, I feel you won't really achieve that with professional colours in loreal! I normally use a low developer for the ends, to prevent colour fade x

I find 6-88 (with some 0-88 mixtone) in Igora Royal gives an amazingly bright and vibrant red.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a lady who I use 55/65 on and then put a crazy colour over the top! The crazy colour still fades off but she is left with a nice colour beneath rather than a wishy washy colour and now after a few times of the colour really grabbing she can last 5 -6 weeks :)

Just use majicontrast res but with water rather than peroxide so doesnt lift x

You can't use majicontrast red on the scalp. What would be the point in using something that contains bleach when the hair is already pre lightened underneath? x

this was the Majicontrast red with a bit of added rouge mixtone applied with 20vol to natural base 7 :)
also applied with spatula so not to touch the clients scalp

Attachments

• BWJL-LPIUAAYNYb.jpg
    BWJL-LPIUAAYNYb.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7,037
...now youve bleached her hair you cant use permanent over it. Filling it to red and then using a red quasi over the top, then a red semi such as crazy colour for extra brightness will work better. You can use affinage BRed on the roots though, it works the same as majicontrast but better. You have to use BRed say half and half with infiniti 6.66 though, not neat on the scalp. Still comes up super bright.

this was the Majicontrast red with a bit of added rouge mixtone applied with 20vol to natural base 7 :)
also applied with spatula so not to touch the clients scalp

You shouldn't mix majicontrast. Manufacturers instructions.

Brilliant, thank-you for all your help. It's a scalp colour as roots need doing so I'm going to opt for wella 55/65 roots and semi all over rest to refresh. My lady knows now that we won't archive crazy colour red in a Permanent and she's happy with that.

Latest posts

Back