Any one using Lechat??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preeti

Reaction score
Hi every one,

I am using bio sculpture and not happy with the results....they turn yellow real fast...recently went to the trade show and got a demo done from lechat...it's been 2 weeks and my nail is same as new...i bought a pro kit from them and going to the course in 4 days....just wanted to know abt the system....Is it a gel or acrylic???:confused:

I checked their site too...looks interesting...looks like there is really good scope for nail art..they have so many colors to choose from...so many ideas...and its really easy to use.

Would like a feed back...before i go ahead and change the system:)

Thanks in advance.

Hi every one,

I am using bio sculpture and not happy with the results....they turn yellow real fast...recently went to the trade show and got a demo done from lechat...it's been 2 weeks and my nail is same as new...i bought a pro kit from them and going to the course in 4 days....just wanted to know abt the system....Is it a gel or acrylic???:confused:

I checked their site too...looks interesting...looks like there is really good scope for nail art..they have so many colors to choose from...so many ideas...and its really easy to use.

Would like a feed back...before i go ahead and change the system:)

Thanks in advance.

well, all nail systems are from the acrylic family of chemicals.
we have come to know [what is correctly refered to as] liquid and powder acrylic as just 'acrylic'
gel is basically acrylic in a ready mixed gel formula. [a very simplified description]

the le chat powder gel is essentially a hybrid of both these technologies.
you apply the gel in a very simple polish style application and then some powder is sprinkled over to give superior strength. it is cured in a u.v light just like ordinary gels.
its a simple system to learn and use and gives a strong long lasting result.

great that you are doing the correct training with it, thats always the way to get the best out of any new product.

i am a regional educator for the company that distributes it in the u.k, so if you need any help, i'll do my best for you.
there are a few tutorials on my web site too.

Thanks a lot angel....

Is 4 hr training is enough for the powder gel system??

i notice your in canada - have you tried akzentz??

This is a good strong file off gel and it DOES NOT yellow/fade at all.

amb x

No i didn't ...is there a website for that??...where can i find more info abt that product??

Thanks a lot angel....

Is 4 hr training is enough for the powder gel system??

well thats not long, but if you have a reasonable nail knowledge already it would be enough to grasp the essentials. it is a very easy system to use, but this is a rapid conversion course i would think. it will be assuming that you already know about good prep, tip fitting and blending, apex positions and filing and finishing. i personally teach a conversion course in 1 day. as with any system once you know the basics, its down to practice to perfect your techniques.

Yes i do know the basics...it was a show special ...if u buy the kit they give u a class for $25 hands on training for four hrs...i think its not bad for the price:) once i get the hang of it..i will practice on my nails with different designs...will be a great advertising...:)..What ya think????

Thanks for the site Bagpuss...i will check it out...:)

Yes i do know the basics...it was a show special ...if u buy the kit they give u a class for $25 hands on training for four hrs...i think its not bad for the price:) once i get the hang of it..i will practice on my nails with different designs...will be a great advertising...:)..What ya think????

brilliant, there are endless possibilities with all the products within the lechat range. my personal fave is the science colour changing gel. ooh, and the fairy dust glitter gel.

I have the same fav too:) but i didn't buy it yet....i have enough products to start with....i got pro powder gel kit and the nobility soak off gel...few glitters, few colour gels, few dry flowers...lots of stones....i think its enough to start making designs on my nails:green:

Still waiting for my course...don't know how long its gonna take to reschedule:rolleyes:

Hi there everyone

I recently bought some of the LeChat Science uv colour gel, they looked so fab on th pics on the website, and the colour is meant to fade from dark to light when you put it under uv light, but i got to say, my results look nothing like the picture. Has anyone else used it and found this? I am putiiing the gl on and putting under the lamp for 3 mins just like the intsructions say, is this right?

Thanks for the site Bagpuss...i will check it out...:)

You can contact me if you wish.I am Akzentz Distributor in Canada.

Hi there everyone

I recently bought some of the LeChat Science uv colour gel, they looked so fab on th pics on the website, and the colour is meant to fade from dark to light when you put it under uv light, but i got to say, my results look nothing like the picture. Has anyone else used it and found this? I am putiiing the gl on and putting under the lamp for 3 mins just like the intsructions say, is this right?

no, you have missunderstood. the colour change happens with heat not u.v light. the nail bed area of your nail is usually hotter than the tip area as it is kept warm by the blood circulation in the skin. the product is lighter on the warm area and darker on the cool area [tip]. it is more noticeable on longer nails. if you have cold hands the product will be darker and if your hands get very hot it will be lighter.
science gel needs the 3 mins in the uv light to cure the product, it is heat that activates the colour change.

My course got cancelled:eek: not enough students to hold a class...anyways...

How do you take off lechat product from nail??....can we use a pure acetone to soak it off or we have to buff it off??:confused:

Thanks for the site Simone....i did email them just waiting for reply:)

My course got cancelled:eek: not enough students to hold a class...anyways...

How do you take off lechat product from nail??....can we use a pure acetone to soak it off or we have to buff it off??:confused:

shame about your class:cry:

to remove the product, file off the top coat gel, then place your nails in acetone for a few minutes. lift one finger out at a time and file carefully to remove softened product. repeat this process until you have removed all the gel. go very carefully as you get closer to the natural nail so you dont damage the nail plate. finish with a good nourishing cuticle oil and handcream.

I know angel...i was so excited about the class but i have to wait now:cry:

Thanks for the tip ...i wanted to try the product on my nails but i can't cuzz i still have the nails on from the show:eek:...so i wanted to take it off first and start fresh for the holiday:)

Latest posts

Back