Any service you will not do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I refuse to do naked hairdressing. I'm not in it for the money!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh shame lol

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I have only been asked twice in a year about wedding hair. It's on my website that I don't do it and I'm still making very good money so doesn't seem to effect me at all. :)

Iv just had my first enquiry for a wedding! I love doing hair ups, make up and nails!! I'm really excited about it

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Those of you that don't do hair up aren't you turning a lot of work away? I get asked a lot for hair up / bridal and you can earn quite a bit in just a few hours with pretty much all profit

Nope, the 3 I have done in the past put me off for life - trials, perfect, brides and crew were happy, took tons of pics ready for big day so I knew hair would be exact the same right down to last pin. Big day came, brides hair gorgeous, but she changed her mind and wanted the one she'd seen in a book that morning, did that, she didn't like it, had a hissy fit, cried make up ran, bridesmaids changed their minds and got a gob full off mother of bride saying they've paid for wedding hair and if they want to change their minds they will - so I ran over by 2 hrs for FREE. As refused to pay extra

2nd had 3 inches cut off her hair the day before by her friend on the hen night as got chewing gum stuck in it so had little hair to work with

3rd cried through the whole duration of the morning because she changed her mind, not on the hair or make up but the wedding itself!! She didn't get married the house was a carnage of tears, rants, and a hysterical the Groom not to be

So no, never again haha x

Those of you that don't do hair up aren't you turning a lot of work away? I get asked a lot for hair up / bridal and you can earn quite a bit in just a few hours with pretty much all profit

No not at all, I would rather earn more doing colours. I don't really get clients asking me for hair up and if I can't do it I have a friend I can recommend x

There isn't any hair service I don't provide as I think a hairdresser should be able to provide a wide variety of services! I do not have perms on my Pricelist but when asked I will do them however I know I'm not the best at them so if I can I will put them onto someone who can do a better job. Where as I may be Mutch better at styling in terms of bridal hair etc. so mostly things like that would be in with myself x

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

That's a shame Adam, I'm sure they'd be a call for it haha

I always turn away weddings and up do's I hate them would rather make my money on cutting and colours.:eek:

Nope, the 3 I have done in the past put me off for life - trials, perfect, brides and crew were happy, took tons of pics ready for big day so I knew hair would be exact the same right down to last pin. Big day came, brides hair gorgeous, but she changed her mind and wanted the one she'd seen in a book that morning, did that, she didn't like it, had a hissy fit, cried make up ran, bridesmaids changed their minds and got a gob full off mother of bride saying they've paid for wedding hair and if they want to change their minds they will - so I ran over by 2 hrs for FREE. As refused to pay extra

2nd had 3 inches cut off her hair the day before by her friend on the hen night as got chewing gum stuck in it so had little hair to work with

3rd cried through the whole duration of the morning because she changed her mind, not on the hair or make up but the wedding itself!! She didn't get married the house was a carnage of tears, rants, and a hysterical the Groom not to be

So no, never again haha x

KHS, that's really funny! That's enough to put anybody off! Lol! I don't do weddings or updos!

Glad im not the only one who turns away weddings and updos. One of the reasons is updos are normally on a saturday afternoon/evening and i dont work saturdays now im mobile as this is my family time. Its really not worth hanging around all day for the sake of a £10 xx

I think there is good money in wedding hair to be honest. Coming up I've got just the blow dry for the older bride 2 adult bridesmaids and 4 children ones who are just having French plaits and it's £100 for all so I'll be there about 3 hours I don't know what you guys would charge though?

Although I did turn away an Asian wedding in August. She needed her hair done at 6am on the Saturday and 10am on the Sunday. I turned it away purely because of the time on a Saturday and I don't work Sundays at all!
X

Latest posts

Back