Any step parents? Need an ' its going to be ok'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate to tell you but it doesnt get any better!! im 6 years in xx

I have 2 children of my own who live with their dad, 2 step children who I live with, with my husband.

I feel we have a balanced life.
His ex has kids after school till 6.30pm, then they come home have dinner with us.
My husband drops to school in the morning. Mondays they have dinner with their mum & come home at 8pm. They stay around their mums Friday night and till sat 10pm. Then Sunday with us. If we have plans where by we can't be home for 10pm, she's happy to keep them & drop them next day morning by 10pm. If she needs to go out somewhere and we have no plans then we'll take kids early.

I see my kids if and when I can as they live about an hour & half away, and are teenagers so difficult to get hold of them! But if they need me anytime they are my priority and I would always drop everything and go. Even if this means dropping my plans with my husband. He understands this as if he had to drop our plans for an emergency for his kids, I would totally understand.

Emergencies happen. But for doing simple things if he got called up, when we had plans, then id be annoyed.

I think you need to talk to him and tell him how you feeling. If you don't you'll feel resentment towards him over time, and if he doesn't know why it could ruin your relationship, which you don't want.

Good luck x

We try to keep it fair and amicable.

Latest posts

Back