Any successful Nail Techs who don't use CND L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a CND gal too. But I have heard lots of great things about NSI, NAIO, and Young Nails.

I wouldn't opt for the cheap training option. Doing this always costs you more in the long run. Having to retrain and learn from scratch. I would do some research into which brand you think would work best for you and your clients and train with that company. You'll get better training and be able to ask specific questions realted to the brand you're working with.

I'm a Gelishette (is that even a word?!) :D

I too have heard good things about Young Nails, and yes Greg is VERY enthusiastic :D

Of course there are,cnd is not the only successful nail company.it just happens that the people who run this site also run cnd ;-)

I think Jan Arnold runs CND. Lol

No they don't!

This site was set up by the nail geek in 2003, not cnd.

Not that I think its a problem if everyone knows, and its a bit off topic, but the site was set up and is owned by Samuel Sweet (aka The Nail Geek) of Sweet Squared the UK CND Distributor.

In answer to the OPs question, of course there are lots of very successful nail techs who are not connected to CND - Ant Buckley, Leighton Denny, Georgie Smedley to name just a few.

Not that I think its a problem if everyone knows, and its a bit off topic, but the site was set up and is owned by Samuel Sweet (aka The Nail Geek) of Sweet Squared the UK CND Distributor.

In answer to the OPs question, of course there are lots of very successful nail techs who are not connected to CND - Ant Buckley, Leighton Denny, Georgie Smedley to name just a few.

While that's true, and loads of people on the site know this, or will now learn this, I think it's important to point out that Salon Geek, as the Nail Geek, was created by Samuel long before Sweet Squared even existed. Just before others that have the opinion that there's a conflict of interest decide to chime in, as so often happens. xx

Thank you for everyones input, i sort of saw all the comments comming (apart from the spat about who runs the website! ) ha! -and i do feel a bit stupid, i know there are other options it's just all i've seen on here. Not been a member long!
Also i should of posted on the Consumer Queries not nails - sorry guys!

So yes i think i will go with a more 'branded' option. I work in retail full time so it's also going to be a jump for me so that's why i'm so scared about spending the money. Guess i'm going to have to save and will give me time to really think about my options.

xx

I am a cnd girl and can't say enough good things about the training. But there are a lot of options for you in between them and Sally's. I have friends that have trained with Sallys and it was terrible. If you do a search on here there are lots of other company's that provide training. The only thing to take into account is that although cnd seem expensive you get all the products you need included in the price. Other courses may be cheaper on face value but you'll have to buy lots of extras. Hth x
i'm going to ring up sweet squared tomorrow but is the WHOLE kit - lamp everything included in the price ?

Frankie, is it the travelling that's putting you off ?
I guess you could say that my nearest place is about an hours drive/2 hours bus but the course only takes 14 days so it wouldnt be for long !

i'm going to ring up sweet squared tomorrow but is the WHOLE kit - lamp everything included in the price ?

Yes Frankie :) If you choose CND classes, the WHOLE kit, everything you could possibly need to start going is included for you in the price x

No they don't!

This site was set up by the nail geek in 2003, not cnd.

To answer the original question; yes, there are plenty of successful techs who don't use cnd and their fantastic products.

However a huge part of their draw for me was their amazing education - you won't get that for £250 in sallys :o its like comparing apples and pears.

I think you should call sweet squared and have a chat with one of their team to discuss your options.

'This site was set up by the nail geek'..... Who is the nail geek? Do you know? Do your research?
That will answer all your questions

Yes Frankie :) If you choose CND classes, the WHOLE kit, everything you could possibly need to start going is included for you in the price x
Brill thank you !

that are successful and DON'T use CND as there choice of acrylic/gel brand?

would just like to hear from you as I know alot of my friends get there nails done but it never seems to be CND and they're happy with the results and still frequently get there nails done.

Just asking because I want to train but every post I read seems to be that CND is the best, don't go with anyone else. The training is amazing ETC. (I completely understand this because I have had CND acrylic and shellac and the results are very good.) But if i want to learn everything it's £1995. Whereas a course at Sally's is £250 :sad: it's so tempting to go with the cheaper option!

I'd just like to hear from the professionals who don't use it and see how well they are doing.....

thank you

Woah! Slow down there :)

Cnd is amazing. I love their products and their training but its not the holy grail of all things nails. There are lots of great brands out the...nsi, opi, jessica, ezflow etc etc etc.

Success is about passion and drive and finding a brand and education that works for you.

The Nail Geek (as the site started) was set up long before S2.

'This site was set up by the nail geek'..... Who is the nail geek? Do you know? Do your research?
That will answer all your questions
Was that directed at me?

The Nail Geek (as the site started) was set up long before S2.

I think you will find that at the time it was set up Sam was with Designer Nails the company who were the UK CND Distributors. I think that's right anyway.

Either way, I don't think its a problem as long as its open.

I use nsi & nouveau

I wonder what happened to La Femme...they used to be stocked by Health and Beauty Wear in Bolton. The range of colours looked great. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

that are successful and DON'T use CND as there choice of acrylic/gel brand?

I'd just like to hear from the professionals who don't use it and see how well they are doing.....

thank you

I've been thinking about this (dangerous I know :D). We have all been thinking about well known nail techs, but it depends on how you define successful.

I would class myself as a successful nail tech. I run a business that is fully booked at all times with mostly repeat clients. I care about my clients and I care about their nails and, in my opinion, I offer good customer service and choice. My little salon is fully insured, clean and comfortable.

I have had training with Backscratchers, Nubar, OPI, Harmony and Essential over the years. I do at least one training course per year. I continually update my knowledge on sites like this, trade magazines and trade shows.

I trial all products before I buy.

I use Solar Oil, Minx, Lumos and S2 liquids. Harmony and OPI Gel polish, Backscratchers and Harmony enhancement products, Nubar and OPI manicure and pedicure products.

I'm not sure why I personally have never had any CND training, I may do at some point in the future, who knows.

So to answer your question: At the moment "Yes" I am successful "No" I am not CND trained or using their L&P or gel.

Yes i use indigo nails lab! Its fabulous ;)

I've been thinking about this (dangerous I know :D). We have all been thinking about well known nail techs, but it depends on how you define successful.

I would class myself as a successful nail tech. I run a business that is fully booked at all times with mostly repeat clients. I care about my clients and I care about their nails and, in my opinion, I offer good customer service and choice. My little salon is fully insured, clean and comfortable.

I have had training with Backscratchers, Nubar, OPI, Harmony and Essential over the years. I do at least one training course per year. I continually update my knowledge on sites like this, trade magazines and trade shows.

I trial all products before I buy.

I use Solar Oil, Minx, Lumos and S2 liquids. Harmony and OPI Gel polish, Backscratchers and Harmony enhancement products, Nubar and OPI manicure and pedicure products.

I'm not sure why I personally have never had any CND training, I may do at some point in the future, who knows.

So to answer your question: At the moment "Yes" I am successful "No" I am not CND trained or using their L&P or gel.

Love this answer. I think in society in general, people are too quick to feel that being famous is a mark of success.

My definition of a successful nail tech is someone who is good enough to find employment/earn an income from doing something they enjoy. It's a tough industry to get into and the skills aren't easy to master so for me, I would feel successful if employed on a nail bar and someone felt my skills were up to scratch to be doing nails all day :) Guess it depends where you set the bar.

Latest posts

Back