Anybody had CBT?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had CBT a few times for depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. I found it useless, it gave me a headache and made me feel worse because I couldn't get what they were telling me to do or feel. I ended up lying and going along with whatever they said because I was too tired to keep going over things I didn't understand :rolleyes:

Going to keep an eye on this thread, I've been recommended for CBT for pre-natal depression. I'm in two minds about it as I struggled with depression after my dad died and saw a bereavement therapist. I lied throughout the sessions as I felt she was very patronising.
Op keep us updated with how you get on xx

Going to keep an eye on this thread, I've been recommended for CBT for pre-natal depression. I'm in two minds about it as I struggled with depression after my dad died and saw a bereavement therapist. I lied throughout the sessions as I felt she was very patronising.

I've had counselling sessions before in the the past and if I've not clicked with the person no point at all, it won't work.
Counselling was different as more like getting to talk about things and go deep where as CBT is a little bit looking back at things I seen it more of a plan how to go forward, situations that occur and ways round them.
Sometimes it's good to see another view as our own may be quite distorted xx

Will definitely keep you updated. Next session tomorrow. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had CBT in the past to help with anger issues I had during a very bad bout of Post-natal depression. I found it helped quite a lot, I also kept a log of my moods throughout the day and identify triggers. It really helped me get back on an even keel for a while but I have other issues alongside, it can be really beneficial and if u have a good rapport with your counsellor/therapist u will start to feel better. It can be a long road but it's worth it. Good luck x

Look into QR (quantum release) it's similar to CBT but a lot more powerful! There are only a few people in the country trained to do this, a client of mine does it, she can even do it over Skype. If your interested pm me & I can give you her number. It helped me massively! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I had another session today and came out a little deflated. We are going through the exposure phase now but I dont think im ready plus she has put our sessions down from once a week to once every two weeks. I dont feel any better about certain situations or my anexity. Maybe I am expecting too much. Ive only had 5 sessions and ive come out feeling silly for the thoughts that I do have but just cant help thinking them due to my past experiences. Sorry for long vent girls , just feeling a little low xx

Well I had another session today and came out a little deflated. We are going through the exposure phase now but I dont think im ready plus she has put our sessions down from once a week to once every two weeks. I dont feel any better about certain situations or my anexity. Maybe I am expecting too much. Ive only had 5 sessions and ive come out feeling silly for the thoughts that I do have but just cant help thinking them due to my past experiences. Sorry for long vent girls , just feeling a little low xx

Ah sorry to hear your feeling low, these things take time and we have to put some work in ourselves. Don't be to hard on yourself feel down but tomorrow is a new day :hug:xx

Ah sorry to hear your feeling low, these things take time and we have to put some work in ourselves. Don't be to hard on yourself feel down but tomorrow is a new day :hug:xx

Thank you xx

Sorry to hear you feeling low. Can you ask if they can delay starting the exposure bit until you're feeling a bit more ready? I did with mine as even just saying the word exposure had me in tears. Cbt challenges the way you think about things but you should never be made to feel your thoughts are silly. Hope things start getting easier for you soon xxx

Sorry to hear you feeling low. Can you ask if they can delay starting the exposure bit until you're feeling a bit more ready? I did with mine as even just saying the word exposure had me in tears. Cbt challenges the way you think about things but you should never be made to feel your thoughts are silly. Hope things start getting easier for you soon xxx

Thank you . I think when I see her in 2 weeks I will say that im not really for the exposure phase yet. Its just making my anexity rise by the thought of what she wants me to do. Xx

Latest posts

Back