Anybody know where to get info to make and sell own products??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:)

Anyone know where I can get some info making own products?

Any help and advice be welcomed:hug:

Thanks

Kate x

Hi hun

what kinda things were you thinking of making?

i'm just trying to find my old recipes for soaps etc.....

pm me if you want these receipes.

Do you mean to actually make your own products yourself in house, or to have a cosmetic company design a range for you, or to have a brand packaged in your name??

Theres a couple of companies that I could send you the links for that make skincare products to your spec, and also I have 1-2 companies I know that put your labels on their products.

Let us know if you want them.

Kate x

Do you mean to actually make your own products yourself in house, or to have a cosmetic company design a range for you, or to have a brand packaged in your name??

Theres a couple of companies that I could send you the links for that make skincare products to your spec, and also I have 1-2 companies I know that put your labels on their products.

Let us know if you want them.

Kate x

Hi Kate

I wonder whether you could PM me the links to these as there's something I am looking at doing on a similar line.

:hug:

This is somethig I've spent quite a lot of time researching lately, and have found that it is imperative that any products you 'make' for selling, even from the most basic blend of two oils for cuticles, right the way through to soaps, creams and lotion MUST be certifed for use under the 'Cosmetic Products Safety regulations 2004.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file25422.pdf

There is pretty much no legal way to sell without certification and this costs....usually over £100 per product (flavour or smell, not per type) so you've gt to be serious about it to go for it.

Look out for the UK Craft forums too....I found some useful advice there!

This is somethig I've spent quite a lot of time researching lately, and have found that it is imperative that any products you 'make' for selling, even from the most basic blend of two oils for cuticles, right the way through to soaps, creams and lotion MUST be certifed for use under the 'Cosmetic Products Safety regulations 2004.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file25422.pdf

There is pretty much no legal way to sell without certification and this costs....usually over £100 per product (flavour or smell, not per type) so you've gt to be serious about it to go for it.

Look out for the UK Craft forums too....I found some useful advice there!

Thanks for the link.

Personally I wouldn't consider selling anything to the public unless it had been professionally made and had been through stringent testing, but I know that a lot of people do make and sell home made things so the info should prove very useful to all.

:hug:

Natural skin care with Aromantic sell lots of ingredients for making your own natural products, and also a lot of literature and run training courses about it too.

To follow on from Skymarks comment about testing, you can have any products you intend to sell to the public tested for safety etc relatively cheaply by a lab who's name I forget. But Aromantic will be able to put you in touch with them. Also check out the UKSoaping group on Yahoo Groups they have a lot of information relating to this in their Files section.

Mat

I have looked at various options for this out of interest many years ago and Iagree with Fozzyo Aromantics is really helpful and have all you need. Good luck

Hi all thanks all for your info it has really helped me your all sooo kind on this site:hug:

Thanks again

Kate xx

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question...

As mentioned, there is much legislation that is to be adhered to if one intends to sell homemade products to clients. However, does this legislation still apply if the products were complimentary? i.e. given away for no charge as part of a gift pack?

I'm thinking of making a little goody bag for all new clients, and I love the idea of some home made goodies- the personal touch.

Thanks!

Ive never thought of doing something like this before and always go to lush for my bath bombs . Ive ordered some kits to make my own now.thanks for the link! :)

Latest posts

Back