Anybody that doesn't like Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like the way we were made to feel as if we were really bad at polishing and didn't know the basics - it knocked my confidence to be honest. I've persevered with it and find it a bit easier but I won't be buying anymore colours. :)

I have bicycle yellow and the formula is just bad. Can't use it on s client! My other is electric orange and that is fine. X

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek mobile app

I have bicycle yellow and the formula is just bad. Can't use it on s client! My other is electric orange and that is fine. X

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek mobile app

My bicycle yellow is gross too! All lumpy and cottage cheesey, needs to be shaken like a loon and still needs 3 coats and a generous topcoat to even it out, I only have trouble with this one and my night glimmer, otherwise I love it!

My clients love vinylux and how long it lasts.....i have a few gripes...

.its difficult to remove even with acetone
Top coats thicken very quickly in bottle
Some colours thicken before your half way down bottle...i have had problems with waterpark, beau and tinted love in particular. I have sent half set bottles to s2 to see what they think....always kept them out of direct sunlight..my salon is not a shop on a high street but in an old building set back so no large windows or anything

Apart from all that i love how fast it dries and happy with how it applies

Has anyone experiences which ridge filler is compatible with Vinylux?

I used one but had the result that Vinylux becomes soft and did not harden on the nails.

I would just use a pale vinylux first

One of my clients came back for another file and polish on fingers yesterday she'd had her previous vinylux on 10 dats it was still practically perfect only a few tiny chips... And it came off in seconds with acetone... Vinylux is my new love I use to get nervous when asked to do an OPI file and polish on fingers now I love doing them. Vinylux isn't easy to master but if you use it the way that's recommended it amazing stuff and my clients love it. I'm so glad I didn't give up with it. It also trained me to quicken my application my clients say blooming heck your fast yet my application is still perfect.... Don't give up with it ladies!!

I would just use a pale vinylux first

Thank for responding souz, I have read this suggestion at another time yet but...why should I use a pale vinylux first? Instead of this I could also do three coats of my wanted colour instead of two, or not?

I think VINYLUX is ace!!! I've gained clients who have read about it in the press and found me! Most of my regular polish ladies have naturally switched from using opi (my other brand) to using VINYLUX as they love the fact it is actually as quick dry as stated, and the fact that they think (and I would agree) on how glossy it is! Clients have returned saying people have asked them if their wearing shellac! Regarding removal some clients have said certain colours have been hard to remove, more so from toes than fingers, I recommend an acetone based remover or if using a non acetone one then a bit more welly maybe needed to remove it, some colours do cling to ridges but I've found using a polish corrector pen helps get those stubborn bits out, it's not put any one off as yet! Duration time/feedback 4 days been the shortest, client still pleased as a regular polish would last only a day or two, the longest been 2 weeks!!!!!! Which I witnessed otherwise not sure I would believe it!! I think the biggest selling point for me is the dry time, I had one client who was off to play golf shortly after having her fingers & toes both painted on a very hot day, even I didn't expect her toes to survive after having to wear a full shoe in heat, but received a photo later that evening saying they were still perfect! Love VINYLUX xxxx

Can i just ask how much extra you all charge for vinylux over and above what you used to charge for your old polish range? X

I charge £20 for a mani or pedi Blossom, regardless of whether I use Vinylux or normal Cuccio polish. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge the same for my vinylux mani/pedis as I did before changing over from my old CND polishes.

I like your idea Amyo about using a corrector pen for stubborn bits of polish. I don't get many as I use nourishing remover but will remember that.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back