Anyone attend Airbase airbrush course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
Has anyone done airbase introductory airbrush make up course?
What did you learn?
And was it good or would a master class be best? Thanks

Possibly not the best place to post it on hair when a mod sees it and moves it to the right place you will get more response Hun x

I know it's hair but this course is for hairdressers so I thought possibly another hairdresser had done this course :/

Hi Hannahsmith88 - did you attend the course in the end? If so what was it like & would you recommend it? X

Hi, I've attended it, it was okay! Morning discussed theory and afternoon was practical where we worked on each other. The trainer was good but a lot of the group wantedto buy kits so spent about 1 hour discussing kit prices, where as I wanted to try the airbase, wear it home, see how long it lasted on myself and then make my decision. All I can say as I am so happy I did not buy the kit!! Had completely broken down on my chin and forehead and I have dry skin. I was really dissapointed. Since I have done the course I have done only one airbrush client - I bought a kit from an alternative supplier. (75% of my business is make up) and she was not happy with the coverage... Airbrush make up does not suit everyone. And If I'd have known what I did know, I wouldn't have done the course.

Airbrush make up does not suit everyone.
This is definitely true and you'll need back up options in your kit. I've had clients come to me because I offer Airbase but on some skin (including mine) it just doesn't look good. On others it looks amazing though!

I got the training free with my kit when I bought it and don't regret buying it. But I must admit that I do more clients with regular foundation than with airbrush; although it's really quick, easy and hygienic, so great when you have a few faces to make up for a wedding etc.

Hi guys just saw your messages, I've actually heard this before, it doesn't suit every skin. But thank you so much for your feedback, my local college is now offering a 4week evening course for £170 so most definitely going to try this. Xx

Hi guys just saw your messages, I've actually heard this before, it doesn't suit every skin. But thank you so much for your feedback, my local college is now offering a 4week evening course for £170 so most definitely going to try this. Xx

That's good. Is it a vtct or city and guilds course? Either way this will be good because you'll get a recognised qualification and be able to use a number of brands thereafter. £170 is good value for money for the qualification.

Yes it's a city and guides course xx

I attended training with airbase as was very disappointed in the level of training and advice given.

My educator was good but new. I thought we would cover more techniques and if I was to do it again think it would be nice to do more than one face as only did each other's so maybe bring a model or two for afternoon. I also thought we might have done a basic on finishing the foundation and blusher bronzer with a basic eye and lip look. I have had to practise lots on models before clients. One thing I did learn is that the primer must be evenly spread and dry before applying foundation or it can cause breakdown. I haven't had breakdown on any clients yet.

Latest posts

Back