Anyone do acrylic dip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portnus

Reaction score
hi just wondered if anyone uses the acrylic dip method and if so what do you think to it?

xxx

Do you mean using a brush with liquid and powder hun?

Do a search under "dip" and you'll find loads of threads on this. Here's one to start you off:

dip and tip (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)
julia_james

i was taught how to do it and i really don't like it. However, VHunter (victoria) does alot of them i think, perhaps PM her.

I find it hard to get a good apex with it and i also find that they are not as strong as L&P. However, they are a quick service and probably be good for someone who wanted a 'once only' job. I also find i get more lifting with this system than any other. haven't a clue why.

The only other thing is you can't do a permanant french (although saying that i think Victoria can). PM her she is the queen of tip n dip nails, although i think she calls 'em gel-resins!

:lol:

Yes, in Montreal Quebec, they are referred to 'gel-resine' which is actually the french name for it here, but we anglophones refer to it that way too and we have no other name for it (I didn't know of it referred to as 'dip' until I joined online forums and I've been doing this system for 15yrs).

I have successfully built an apex with this system.
It's a question of applying the product in sections and layers, starting at the smile line and working outwards in both directions (I can explain in more detail later if you like).
It's a service that's great for one timers that can be easily soaked off at home. It's quick to apply.

BUT a great many consumers here in Quebec use ONLY this system and for long term with success. In fact, I'd venture to say that 50% of techs in salons (not including NSS) use only this system in Montreal. When I called around my own town, learning what was offered here and what their prices were etc... my own town showed that as high as 70% used only this system. If a client isn't too hard on their hands, then they should have no problems with refills/rebalances every 2wks. I myself wore it for years, and rarely if ever broke a nail (but then, I only break nails when I fall down the stairs ROFL:lol: ).
I've encased flowers in it, and done a great deal of other nail art with it.
Yes, you can do a permanent french BUT it's not as nice or sharp as a L&P french.
You could just use french tips and soak them off and reapply as needed.
OR
Apply the resin ONLY where you want the white to be, creating your smile with the resin. Then dip into a white powder, , loose brush, resin again and activate.
With this method, I would advise using only a 'natural' white and not an ultra white. It's more forgiving on the smile line.

No, it's not as strong as L&P or UV Gel. I also find it is more prone to lifting.. perhaps due to the porousity of the 'gel' & 'resin' used ??(here in Montreal, gel & resin refers to the two adhesives used, one being of thicker viscosity (gel) than the other (resin))

You can also use other colored acrylic powders with this system to change things up a bit.

hth's

feel free to ask me anything you like.

hi just wondered if anyone uses the acrylic dip method and if so what do you think to it?

xxx

Hello

Yes I have used it in the past. My mother uses it also. It is a lot less work if you are not as experienced with acrylic . Easy to use and there aren't any hars smells as with the regular monomers. I prefer the StarNail dip system I found it worked the best.
good luck

hey yeah i use it- i have only been doing nails since august and i have found that it is okay? i would love to do L&P as i feel that i could achieve better results doing sculptured for the time being im stivking with it

Do you mean backscrathers tip&dip??I used to use it a lot and sometimes do on my wrong hand.But i dont find them very strong no matter how many time you dip and it is hard to build with it.It is fine for someone who wants them done for the weekend and has to take them of for work but for someone who wants to wear them long term i wouldent use as they do break easily.Iused to think they where strong untill i changed to l&p then relized they where no where near as strong.

Hi
I Have only used it on myself and daughter so far but have been using The Edge system for the last few months i think its great - i did a demo last week at a pamper party i was doing and have 4 booking for it so it fingers crossed
it wil lbe fine

i love it .

gail :hug:

But i dont find them very strong no matter how many time you dip and it is hard to build with it..

You actually CAN build with a dip system. It's about where you apply the gel/resin, you don't apply it to the entire nail surface every time. You do it in sections and layers.

Latest posts

Back