Anyone else feel the same as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthaattard

Reaction score
Hi girls

A quick question !!! As a beauty therapist do any if you much prefer the level 3 side of beauty ? The massage, wraps, holistic , facial and electrical side rather than the level 2 standard treatments like nails , waxing, lashes . I love the level 3 treatments and I don't love the level 2 . It's a shame they done offer different types of beauty courses from the start and then advance on them for level 3 . For example a beauty Course that specifically focuses on nails , lashes , tans and waxing and then improve on more advanced techniques for level 3 and then level 2 version of the beauty and spa therapy which advances on level 3 . Just a random question as I am interested to hear others point of views , but I really do love doing brows and that about it from level 2 treatments and even brows are getting more advanced these days x

I've completed my level 2 and went back to do my level 3 last week, and whilst I sat there listening to the list of treatments we would do I could have cried, I realised I knew nothing about the level 3 treatments and had zero interest in them and just wanted to go home and cry! I made the choice not to go back to college and have intentions of doing more nail qualifications and starting up on my own. I wonder if I should have stayed and tried more of the course, but I know if if of stayed on I'd of been miserable as sin and not enjoyed it all:(

I was in a different situation as I had to do level 2 to go onto level 3 , but I totally understand that they are so different and you are either one or the other . My interest has always been advanced beauty and electrical treatments and I would like to progress and grow in that area . But if you feel it's not for you then that's great because you have not wasted a year trying to decide . There are many excellent nail training providers you can do advanced courses with CND are awesome x

I also prefer level 3 to level 2, however if you would want to work in a spa or salon, they want you to be able to perform all treatments. So I am glad I am able to do all and the level 2 treatments are starting to grow on me. :)

X

I am lucky enough to be in a spa that only offers advanced electrical and holistic/ massage side of beauty . But if I want to move on one day I'll have to reluctantly do the level 2 treatments :(

I just love them all, I've yet to find a treatment that I don't like. I've done level 2 and I'm just finishing 3 now. Think I'll keep learning forever. Xxx

I don't use use many of my level 3 treatments but I would employ someone with a nvq3 over an nvq2

hey! I trained in Ireland so its all kinda mixed. I used to love massage facials etc but ive found as ive become more experienced I love waxing and nails prob a lil more! I think for me once I grew more confidence I started to enjoy the esthetic sode of treatments more :) x

Sent from my SGH-I257M using SalonGeek mobile app

I am the same as you!!

When I trained I did all massage units at level 3 part time. So I did Swedish massage, aromatherapy massage, Indian head massage, reflexology and of course a & p. when I started to apply for jobs I found that most places wanted level 2 aswell. Even though I wanted to work in a spa (which mainly did massage) they still wanted both. Luckily I got a job which also found me a work based learning scheme so I went to college one day a week.

I still prefer my level 3 treatments but I have learnt to enjoy level 2 as well. I just didn't realise when training how important both are! I am now a tutor and I already encourage students to stay on for level 3

Im from ireland too my course was done in a year that covered nails waxing Massage, facials, pedicures, make-up, facial electrics, epilation ect. I hated epilation with a Passion i still dont Know how i passed that exam! My favourite is nails i love doing nails, i love polishes and gel polishes, i used to hate gel nails but dont mind it now just need to get faster!

Latest posts

Back