Anyone else manically busy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souz

Reaction score
I opened my salon in November last year and have to say things are going from strength to strength. I'm gaining new clients every week without even advertising.....I'm working later and later every week, there are two of us on a Friday but just me the rest of the week and it's all nails for me but the other therapist is getting a mixture of treatments.....just wondered if anyone else was this busy??

I haven't stopped since opening...keep waiting for a quiet week but it doesn't come!! (I'm not complaining!!)..... I'm contemplating putting my prices up already

Good for you Souz, all your hard work is paying off.

Because your good at what you do probably word of mouth :)
So pleased you deserve it xxx

I have gone crazy busy, struggling to fit people in, not enough hours in the day! I'm not complaining, I love it but it's a juggling act that's for sure Xx

Lol yes, 2 weeks now been madness! Woohoo

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone, wasn't asking for compliments just wanted to see who was busy !!! There are three newly opened shops in my village who are all complaint they are so quiet and begging people to use them when I'm turning people away every week even though I'm doing 9/10 hour days

I looked at my book today and thought "Amazing, I am fully booked until the 8th of June" and then I thought "Oh crap, how do I do this AND open my new salon in time for the 11th?!"

It has been an incredibly busy year for me, I only hope it continues this way when I move. It is fabulous to be so fortunate and so busy.

I also opened November business is really good every Thursday and Friday but I struggle a little on the other days .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I started renting a space in a salon in December. Best move I made...I'm chocka block busy and I adore it!!! Congrats on the salon success souz...you gave me my first bit of advice before I began my bio training 2 yrs ago haha xx

Yes I too am manically busy, I'm at the point where I'm considering getting some help in the house as I can't cope, much rather do nails and pay someone else to do the cleaning etc lol! Also going for a price rise soon, seems like a good time :)

Yes manic and loving it! The busier the better, to be honest I expect most people are busy this time if year x

I also opened November business is really good every Thursday and Friday but I struggle a little on the other days .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jojo my Fridays were booked weeks in advance when I opened so I asked my regular Friday ladies if they could move to any other day as I was also turning people away on those days, moved some over and managed to fill Fridays again!! Now I'm telling everyone tues is my quiet day and that's starting to fill up. I've also been using Facebook to state what appt times I have left, this has worked really well

I started renting a space in a salon in December. Best move I made...I'm chocka block busy and I adore it!!! Congrats on the salon success souz...you gave me my first bit of advice before I began my bio training 2 yrs ago haha xx

Lucy ou that's fab news and glad I may have helped on some way!! Wish I'd done it sooner

Yes I am fully booked for five weeks now! I have had to say that I can't take on any new clients and some of my clients are having to go to other salons to get certain treatments done. I'm not complaining but it's so stressful, if someone misses or cancels I can't fit them back in. People are also complaining that I can't fit them in, I don't like it. I'm loosing clients because I'm too busy :Scared::Scared:

Yes manic and loving it! The busier the better, to be honest I expect most people are busy this time if year x

Helen great that you are busy.....I've spoke to lots of people locally yo me who aren't busy at all and struggling, new and old businesses, some beauty related some not that's why I was asking if anyone else was busy....I keep expecting to have a dead week but it doesn't happen!!! There are two of us on Fridays and I'm going to have to extend my hours, take on another or rent my beauty room out a few days just to keep up with demand...I just can't get over it x

How do you guys think you've managed to do it? What's your secret !?
I opened in November & although there are positives every week...am nowhere near busy enough... I'm constantly doing things to get customers in.. But it's hard work ! There are 2 NSS's on my doorstep which doesn't help :-/

Yes I am fully booked for five weeks now! I have had to say that I can't take on any new clients and some of my clients are having to go to other salons to get certain treatments done. I'm not complaining but it's so stressful, if someone misses or cancels I can't fit them back in. People are also complaining that I can't fit them in, I don't like it. I'm loosing clients because I'm too busy :Scared::Scared:

That's what happened to me a few months back so I looked at taking staff on, I also extended my opening hours on three days......LOVE that your busy xxx

That's what happened to me a few months back so I looked at taking staff on, I also extended my opening hours on three days......LOVE that your busy xxx

I work long hours but after 9 years it's getting too much working all the time and no life lol! The trouble with taking on staff is that clients want to come to you, clients say to me why don't you take someone on and I say will you go to them and they say no I would still want to come to you!:Scared:

You have done well to be so busy so quickly

How do you guys think you've managed to do it? What's your secret !?
I opened in November & although there are positives every week...am nowhere near busy enough... I'm constantly doing things to get customers in.. But it's hard work ! There are 2 NSS's on my doorstep which doesn't help :-/

I don't think there is a secret per de.......I don't do offers, clients love the atmosphere I've created and say it's very relaxing, they love to get little extras they don't get in any other places nearby.....so a hand massage with every nail treatment , drinks menu including hot chocolate with marshmallows!! Comfy chairs , blanket to sit and have a pedi, oil burners, ....to create an experience rather than just having a treatment xxx....forget about what competitors are doing and offer something different

I work long hours but after 9 years it's getting too much working all the time and no life lol! The trouble with taking on staff is that clients want to come to you, clients say to me why don't you take someone on and I say will you go to them and they say no I would still want to come to you!:Scared:

You have done well to be so busy so quickly

I agree which is why things had to change for me , I was making myself kill and it wasn't working for my family so I've changed opening hours to suit me!! I finish at 2pm on a tues and work later wed thurs fri....my clients were ringing me asking me not to take someone on as they only wanted me and only wanted to recommend friends to me BUT they are starting to go to Jo for other treatments other than nails and even one regular who can't get booked in with me is going to Jo, it's a start!!! I have promised clients that I will do constant training with staff on how I do things and plus I do get people just walking in who don't know me or the salon so they will go to Jo ....that's another reason my prices are going up cos they all want me!!

I am busy quickly but I have spent 16 years working towards this!! Through courses and places I've worked...I gained experience by working in marketing , accounts, salon management and of course working as a therapist on other a salons to see what worked and what didn't ...I also worked from home for a few years building a client base which has more than doubled in last six months!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back