Anyone else miss creatives old polishes? :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
So geeks with the arrival of the new shellac products is anyone else finding they could now sell bucket loads of the old creative polishes which have now been discontinued as a product for clients to take home with them to paint their toes with if they've had there fingers done or vice versa.

I love love my creative manicure and pedicure products but I'm seriously considering going to the dark side (getting Jessica in) for a few reasons:
• the little retail polishes that u can add into the
price of a manicure or pedicure so the clients get to take the polish home with them and you've sold a retail product without even trying
• the new geleration polishes all match the Jessica polishes so even quicker retail sales
• there are more retail products available
• nail polishes have a huge Mark up so we get a lot of the profit yippee!

If I could change one thing about the creative range it would be for them to bring back the old school polishes in half sizes for retail and also stock minis of base coat and top coats. Oh please bring back the pinkies!!!

Last edited:
I'm right with you on this, just before the launch of Shelac there was an editorial and the lady who wrote it was raving about it (naturaly) and said how great it was that she could match it to her fav polish, for matching toes and for filling the growth area in the run up to her next appointment, and I thought, great, they are going to bring the colours back:lol:, but they havent:cry:
I love your idea of pinkie sized bottles of matching base & top coat to go with the pinkie polish, I think clients would love it to, not so pricey as a full size bottle, infact it's the sort of price that any client would have the money in the bottom of their purse.

Speaking as someone who walks on the 'dark side', one of the things that attracted me to Geleration was that the gel-polishes matched the normal polishes and are available in full size and midi-size. Quite a few clients buy the same colour to touch up, fill in regrowth or to paint the toes (most of my clients only have it on their hands as their polish seems to last forever on their toes anyway!), which is a great way to increase the treatment profit.

We use nothing but Shellac and CND Colour & Effects, and I don't think there has been a client who is wearing Shellac that we have not been able to do a matching or toning polish to go with their Shellac colours from the Colour & Effects range (although usually they have a Shellac pedicure to compliment their nails which is what we push; cheap at the price when you consider how long it lasts. It certainly is not hard to sell this service). I hardly ever see a client who has had a need to 'touch up' and they are so regular that regrowth is not a problem .. we don't let them go weeks and weeks.

I would never stop using Shellac when it provides so many opportunities to offer complimentary services for the toes as well. Jeez you guys really need to learn to market what you have effectively so that your clients buy into it. Basically we just tell our clients what they need and they do it.:lol:

We use nothing but Shellac and CND Colour & Effects, and I don't think there has been a client who is wearing Shellac that we have not been able to do a matching or toning polish to go with their Shellac colours from the Colour & Effects range (although usually they have a Shellac pedicure to compliment their nails which is what we push; cheap at the price when you consider how long it lasts. It certainly is not hard to sell this service). I hardly ever see a client who has had a need to 'touch up' and they are so regular that regrowth is not a problem .. we don't let them go weeks and weeks.

I would never stop using Shellac when it provides so many opportunities to offer complimentary services for the toes as well. Jeez you guys really need to learn to market what you have effectively so that your clients buy into it. Basically we just tell our clients what they need and they do it.:lol:

I wish all our clients were as perfect as yours Geeg. I don't use the colour and effects range as the old range I think is impossible to top! Don't fix it if it ain't broke I say. I've tried the new polishes out on clients and they said the same and 1 client who did like the range turned her nose up at the price (£20)

The old polishes would fly off the shelves now with shellac in. I'm looking at swapping to Jessica for this reason. It's such a shame cause I adore the creative range and think the almond spa manicure and marine pedicure is the best of the Market but when u know your clients will buy the mini polishes you can't stay with a brand that doesn't provide them and lose out on a lot of retail sales (the way I'd be doing I'd be adding the cost of the polish into the manicure and pedicure so the colour the client chooses they get to take home with them) that means a hell of a lot of retail sales plus the clients who'd also buy the matching mini polishes to go with their gel polish.

If I could pay creative to do mini polishes in the old school colours again I would.

I really don't want to change to Jessica as I do adore the creative range but for profit reasons I think I'm going to have to as I'm missing out.

Ps we do still love u creative but we love the old you with the old polishes :(

Latest posts

Back