Anyone else out there trying to lose weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me exercise is the key...in 2 years I have lost 7 and a half stone and gone from a size 22 to a size 10, I'm rubbish at dieting to an extent.. I just cut out the chocolate between meals that I ate everyday and had it occasionally... as I did with all the sweet things. I run 3 times a week and play squash once a week.
If I over indulge in food (which happens often I love it lol) I know I must train harder.
I am on the last push up now and want to lose 1 more stone so I shall be a size 8!!
Good luck ladies I know how hard it is but it will be worth all the hard work when we get to our goals :)
Big hugs xxx

Hey guys,
wow Victoria! That's a great achievement! Good on you! I love hearing stories like that as it keeps me in line :)

Well I have had my measurements done again this morning, there good, not a lot lost but it's being very stead which i guess is the best most healthiest way right? I'd be lying if I said I was a bit disappointed as I wanted to loose a lot this week as I've upped my cross training from 30 mins to an hour and have cut out bread but at least I've lost!

I have lost a body total of 3.5inches. yeah! have no idea what that would be in lbs but least i've lost!

Funnily enough one place that has been constant is around my calfs. Started at 16.5 inches and the last two weeks I have lost half an inch now at 15.5inches.
I just have to keep up the good work and in another 3 weeks I should start to notice a difference, have to keep reminding myself of that dress I want for summer to keep me going! (sad I know but it helps when I want to get off of that cross trainer!lol)

Actually one thing I have noticed this week is that although I have cut out bread this week as it plays me up and bloats me I am still really bloated, all i'm eating is protein and carbs but in separate meals and drinking green tea, normal tea and water....Any advice/ideas of how i can beat this bloat?Makes me feel yuck!
Cheers :)

Good luck peeps xxxxx

has anyone tried the passanda sauce recipie from slimming world, ewwww nasty !!! I followed it to the t, jus twondered if anyone has tried it and tweeked it a bit ?

I've just discovered www.myfitnesspal.com its brilliant!! I have done weightwatchers in the past and did well on it (lost 2st) but it has all (plus more :cry:) crept back on since i met my boyfriend nearly 2 years ago.

Too much wine and too many takeaways with very little exercise is to blame and i'm determined i'm not going to get any fatter!

Myfitnesspal is a calorie counting diet, similar to weightwatchers you just count calories instead of points although i'm finding it much easier for some reason. The website is ace you just type in what you have eaten and it does the rest for you! You also get more calories to eat the more exercise you do but obviously if you just stick the recommended amount you will lose weight quicker.

There are forums too where you can make friends and find support.

The best thing is its completely FREE!!

Hey Chick!
Oh my god, i have to say i am so jealous of you going to oz!!! ah!!! hahaha
how long are you going for?a year? I just got back from there before xmas, this time last year i was getting myself ready to go, seems like yesterday lol i was there for just under a year and the girls....well they seem to beone extreme to the other! When I was there i seen mainly really slim girls looked like they spent every second in the gym :grr: or they are really quite big girls, i mean very big, strange. But generally speaking they are all health freaks down there, they are pretty people and a lot of them know it too hahaha

I have always had a battle with my weight so i know the feeling, i was trying hard to get in shape before i went, i done ok, but i noticed i slimmed right down when i was there until i got a job and lived there, i was always out drinking and eating out, and have put on SO much weight but i have struggled to diet and exercise till ow due to one factor or another.

hahahha i know life is not fair hey, my sister is a size 8 uk and i'm lucky to get into a 14 i hate it!
Im currently doing the crosstrainer everyday for an hour or 30mins and trying so hard to eat properly, doing well but not sure if the weights coming off :( im sat down now and literally noticed how much my thighs come out when i sit down! my legs look so wide i hate it!But i will get there in the end have to stick at it.

Are you going to go back on weight watchers or another one hun?
who you going to aus with?

God you are going to have the time of your life down there! :green:

Hi

Thanks for the info,i am going in august with my boyfriend for the year.
My sister lives in brisbane which is great at least we will have a base.
Did you travel all over?

I am still thinking about joining weight watchers again,we have another one here in ireland called unislim so it is a toss up between them.
I find classes really good for helping me stick to it.

That what scares me the thoughts of bikinis and its not like you can get away with covering up in the hot weather :mad:

My mam is always telling me to lose weight she is a size 8 and does not stop eating her sisters call her jaws!! lol

The last week i have been eating 3 healthy meals a day as well as walking,going to look into the zumba classes.

Have 6 months to lose the weight,i want to have the time of my life and not be worrying about my weight.

How are you settling back in?

X

I've just discovered www.myfitnesspal.com its brilliant!! I have done weightwatchers in the past and did well on it (lost 2st) but it has all (plus more :cry:) crept back on since i met my boyfriend nearly 2 years ago.

Too much wine and too many takeaways with very little exercise is to blame and i'm determined i'm not going to get any fatter!

Myfitnesspal is a calorie counting diet, similar to weightwatchers you just count calories instead of points although i'm finding it much easier for some reason. The website is ace you just type in what you have eaten and it does the rest for you! You also get more calories to eat the more exercise you do but obviously if you just stick the recommended amount you will lose weight quicker.

There are forums too where you can make friends and find support.

The best thing is its completely FREE!!

Just had a look at this website and its brilliant.

Thank You

So...hello again everyone :)

Wow its almost been a year since i put this post up and I just remembered it and I thought I'd update you all of what Ive achieved and it would be great to hear how the rest of you have got on... :)

After what was a very, very, very hard first 3 months of the year I have managed to hit my first goal! My goal by the end of the year was to get to a size 10, I never thought I would but I have!!!! :lol:

I have gone from a size 14-16 down to a size 10 and even now when im shopping i still pick up size 12-14's...it took a very long time to start shopping for my new size :)

Needless to say Im very proud of myself. It was very hard work, determination and discipline to get off my butt and exercise. I done a mixture of crosstrainer, running and swimming.
Weight wise I have lost 2.5 stone !!!! :)

Never ever thought in a million years I could do it but i have so heres to my next goal...to loose another stone and hopefully kill all the fat from my body now...well after xmas of course ;)

Be great to here how the rest of you got on :)

Latest posts

Back