Anyone else out there trying to lose weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hello Geeks!

Like most of you no doubt I am on a major health kick right now. I spent the whole of last year having the time of my life travelling and working in Australia, lots of drinking and eating all the bad foods-result-have gained a lot of extra weight :cry:

I've been feeling so horrible for a while now, but overtime i tried to cut down but something always came up, such as meals out for birthdays, xmas etc. But now theres only one meal and birthday coming up so I can finally get stuck in!

I started last Tuesday and instead of weighing myself I'm measuring myself in all the usual fat areas. The first week was tough! So i thought maybe we could get a little support thing going on here, I'm going to tell you all how i've been doing, when i've struggled and just to put the pressure on my weekly measurements :!:

Anyone else want to join and we can help each other out and applaud our losses?

In my first week I have lost a total of 5.5inches all over my body...yeah!!!
:green::green::green:

Yes, me! I'm not doing too badly with the healthy eating thing, because I just don't have bad foods in the house. The exercise thing is a bit more difficult because it is just soooo cold outside. I'm doing pilates once a week and starting zumba on Friday so watch this space!

Yep! I'm doing Slimming World, I could go on for days about how good the plan is!!

Likewise, I've also found excuses for not being quite as good as I should be, but I have a fresh determination to get to goal now. :)

i joined the gym last tuesday and i mostly do the classes, with 30mins swimming a day and 30 mins in the gym.
Food wise i've cut down portion size i now eat breakfast, then i have my main meal of the day at lunch time, then something small for dinner before 6pm, then i don't eat anything after that time.
When i get the munchies at night around 10ish i go to bed so i can't eat :lol: i have so far lost 1/2 stone and i feel great and sleeping better than ever!

I've lost 5 stone with Cambridge since June 2010. I still need to lose another stone :(
I've cut out all the booze again, and I'm trying to limit the amount of carbs I eat as my body seems unable to deal with them!
I do very little formal exercise but I do seem to run around like a mad thing at work.

I've lost 5 stone with Cambridge since June 2010. I still need to lose another stone :(
I've cut out all the booze again, and I'm trying to limit the amount of carbs I eat as my body seems unable to deal with them!
I do very little formal exercise but I do seem to run around like a mad thing at work.

OMG Lynne! 5 stone is amazing!!! :eek: Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Yep! I'm doing Slimming World, I could go on for days about how good the plan is!!

Likewise, I've also found excuses for not being quite as good as I should be, but I have a fresh determination to get to goal now. :)

Day 2 for me ! not doing a class just on my own, no scales I'm just going to go by my clothes and how I feel. i'm really suprised how easy the EE plan is ! Chilli and rice toningt ! The only thing I need to get hold on is a password so that I can find out points for things that arnt in the book ???

Got to start walking the dog a little further for excersize

I am too!!!!!been up and down over the years,but fed up with it now!!Starting back at the gym end of the month :D

Im joining slimming world as well in a couple of weeks,been buying the magazines every month and the stories are soooo inspiring,especially the before and after pictures.In the past,I have done spinning classes at the gym and cannot stress how much these classes work!!!
On average,a 45min class burns around 650 calories :)

For those that do SW,there is a group on here but its had no posts for a while now...

I followed the cambridge diet, lost 4 stone and kept it of, right up until I had to stop work:irked:
I've put a couple of stone back on because I can't do much in the way of exercise, have far to much time on my hands and love my sweet foods:rolleyes:
Got to get a grip and for me that means back on the cambridge diet.
It gives me a complete break. sort of like hitting a reset button, I don't have to think about what to eat, what not to eat. Just follow the diet, drink the water, loose the weight and plan the shopping trip for all the new clothes.
The important part is to follow the diet right through to the maintenance part, because if you just go straight back to the old eating habits, you'll pile it all back on, same as with any other diet:lol:

I'm going to have a look at the group, might find someone who will let me have the password in excange for a box of choccies !:eek:

I started last August and lost 30 lbs., took a 'break' from Thanksgiving til Monday (maintained the loss) and now am back on to losing. It's not easy, that's for sure.

I discovered the best website (and it's FREE) for motivation and lots of support. It's Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople I love that site...not as much as salongeek, tho. :)

I have over 100lbs to loose! ouch lol

I have lost roughly 10lbs so far, i have just started WW online but i keep going back to my old ways, but im taking a step in the right direction im cutting down on sweets and take aways(!) just need to keep going and loose this weight its driving me mad!

Ive gained the 100+lbs in nearly 5 years, but i hope over the next year to 2 years i will loose it :D

Hi all

Wow, this thread has come at just the right time for me! Like many of you who have posted, my weight has been up and down over the past ten years and I'm now fed up with being fed up of my weight! Not only do I want to be happy with how I look, but I want to feel better and improve my health (I have diabetes type 2 which I have been neglecting).

There are so many things in my life I have to be grateful for, but also so much I'd like to improve on, it's hard to know where to start! Anyhow, weight is definitely a major issue and I look forward to hearing how you all get on and also sharing some stories along the way. Good luck everyone, Jenny x

I'm not ATM but will be as soon as I have my baby in a few weeks time, before I fell pregnant I lost 3 and a half stone by low carbing, like Lynn my body doesn't like carbs and cutting them out works really well for me! X

i was at my heaviest ever at the end of november when we came back from las vegas , I always put a bit of timber on the bones over the winter months naturally but i was an enormous 17 st :irked::irked: ( i am big lad anyway and i look ill under 14 stone)
I have almost totally obstained from all alcohol, curry and fry ups and i am eating pitta bread with chicken breasts and salad at lunchtimes i am now a more respectable 15st 10. I am sleeping better have much more energy and feel brighter and more awake during the days
My other half (Dawn) lost nearly 3 stone last year and its really inspired to beat her this year and get down to 14st again ....nothing competitive about me lol

I'm on the 'zoe harcombe' healthy eating plan, its a book from amazon ( about £4) It is the most amazing diet I have ever done as I have a hormonal problem which makes it very difficult for me to lose weight (the doctor said) so amazingly I've been on this for 4 months and I'm feeling fitter and bouncier than I ever have. Anyone else heard of this diet?
I don't weigh because it makes me so downhearted if I haven't lost in a week but my clothes are going down in size and I am so happy!!!!! well done to everyone else, if you are struggling with cravings or candida really consider this.:)

Good luck and health to all! Lynne, you're fantastic!
I used to be naturally skinny but a mixture of growing older plus high blood pressure medication has taken its toll. However if I had adjusted my calorie intake and upped my exercise I could have avoided putting on the odd lb or 20, so I'm aware of my shortcomings.
My advice is: get fit and reasonably healthily slim before you hit 40+ - it's much harder after.
ps the odd thing is I still think of myself as a slim(ish) person - body dysmorphia in reverse!:rolleyes:

:)Well done to all who have made the leap and said "now is the time..." - I lost my excess 'having-a-baby' and 'eating what I like when I want' weight 2 years ago with the help of Slimmers World and now I am careful not to go 1/2 stone over what I WANT to be - when I do go over (I BLAME CHRISTMAS), out come the Slimming World books!!!

It CAN be done and now I have discovered ZUMBA - OMG I have never found an hour's exercise more fun/easy (weird cause I am absolutely drenched when I leave) - find a Zumba class because it doesn't feel like hard work even though it is!!!!

Combine heart- rate pumping exercise with a 'thought about diet' and you will see fab/steady weight loss, you'll have bags more energy and will make lovely new pals.

Gosh... and I thought I was a Nail bore!! Sorry to go on...

Good luck everyone and if anyone wants some green/red day supper ideas, I'll be happy to oblige.

Vicki
x:)

another slimming world devotee .. although following from home at the moment as not convenient going to class with lo.
i have about 4st post baby weight to lose :-( .. i actually put on around 2st of it after i had harry in aug - he was 8 weeks premature and had to stay in special baby unit about 40 miles away, so for 5 weeks we were up and down the motorway grabbing anything to eat on the way and tucking into takeaways when we got home .. then when he got home, i was so busy looking after him just didnt have time to cook healthy meals .. was in total shock when i eventually joined a sw class just before xmas - was the heaviest i have been and those nasty figures (my weight, lo) the woman wrote in the book were alien to me, lol .. unfortunately my husbands shifts have changed temporarily so no able to go to class, however plan to follow from home along with 3-4 sessions on wii + a week and will start walking when weather improves. im determined to get this weight off and more, perhaps we should start a new sw or weight loss group if no one goes on the old one? good luck every one x

vicki would love some red days ideas .. always end up with bacon and eggs, lol .. want to try more protein meals this time round x

Latest posts

Back