Anyone ever done a full head bleach on long hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
Wondering if anyone has ever carried out bleaching on the scalp on long hair? Using an on the scalp bleach of course?
Friend of mine is wanting to be more blonde i.e all over but not sure if its such a good idea. She would have t he roots retouched only every 8-10 weeks.

Currently she has woven bleached highlights.

Looking at different ideas on the web, doing root retouch with bleach then adding a few weaved different blondes now and again to break it up and give a bit more depth?

Would like to hear opinions and or ideas.
Always easier bleaching shorter hair but has anyone any experiences with longer hair (shoulder length).

A few questions first...

How heavy are her highlights?
How often does she highlight?
What is her natural base?
How blonde does she really want to be?
Are the ends/midshaft already blonde or do they have some natural exsisting through it?

Having asked that, if she is already blonde to the point that a bleach retouch at the new growth area will blend, I would do that... It is a big committment to be all over global blonde. Retouches need to be routine and there can be no overlap. Protien/moisture at home support is also needed. Global blonde is an EXPENSIVE adventure... no perming, limited flat ironing and alot of shine products and conditioners are needed to keep it looking healthy and soft.

at the moment does she just have bleach hi-lites?what about doing a lighter tint and putting loads of bleach slices at the top?i had a client about base 8 and she has bleach hi lites to white every 6 weeks - but when she went away she couldnt deal with the regrowth and had a full head bleach which she hates - and i havent much chance of correcting it as she has a broken scalp and its so terribly light i doubt the ends will hold much
so id probably try something like slices ,possibly back to back and see how she gets on with the regrowth and then you can decide next time whether to go back to hilights or a full head bleach

so id probably try something like slices ,possibly back to back and see how she gets on with the regrowth and then you can decide next time whether to go back to hilights or a full head bleach

This is what I would suggest to her as well. Back to back is always good way to add junks of color and if there are other shades too the hair wont look that dull.

yes agree, back to back slices, will blonde her up nicely without taking out all the naturally tones.

then as time goes by u can adjust what mixture u put thro and where, might want to add a little depth back in with a 6/7 or make it even brighter :)

Latest posts

Back